Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put some Indy profile N-50 on the rear of my 97 gt I do not want to relocate springs shocks or anything.. So what wheel will i need in terms of offset and back spacing.... I have access to a deep dish(aka reverse offset) set of universal 15x10 cragar ss mags ...... Any thoughts and real advise other than how stupid it will look because the tires are not tucked within the fender wells would be great... I'm not concerned about Radials vs bias plys vs driving style vs practicality... Just need to know if it has been done and or if it will work as I have outlined...
Thanks in advance for any help...

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Do they just come in one size or are there different sizes?

What size will you be going with? And how much horsepower are you putting out? That's a really big tire if you're stock/bolt on.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
N50s are 1970s tires, don't do it. Seriously, even if you're in your 50s and wanting to relive your youth, it'll look bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the process of building a 331 stroker.... Currently has 4.6 w/pi manifold and I just put a rear end with 410 gears under it... Haven't had it to the strip yet but seems I should be in the mid to high 14s if I'm lucky.... As for wanting to relive youth ha ha ... I also own a 69 Mach1 with a 427 (not a numbers car)and a 1970 mustang sports roof 302 grabber... I see a lot of these newer styled mustangs and to me they look all the same , However that is my opinion and I think the car will look just fine with the Indys.... I'll post some picks if I even bother with obtaining them. Was really just looking for some quick facts rather than opinions.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
NOkay, no commentary, just facts. 50s are similar in size to 345/50-15s. The 345 itself is too wide for a 97 mustang and it's 28" height will cause further problems. You would have to some serious cutting/modding to make them fit. Oh, and it would need some Gabriel Hi-Jackers also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well as it turns out I will be driving the car the 175 miles to where my friend lives with said wheels and tires so I'll be able to answer my own question.... He says they will fit I say they wont.... Mr. saws-all says any damn tire will fit LOL just kidding.
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so they fit.... But not without a tad bit of panel interference... Ready to get serious about going against the grain and making a car that will stand out of the crowd... However I'm not trusting these tires so I'm going with the Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R either the 26 12 15 0r the 28 12 15's . The wheels are 15x10 with a rear back spacing I believe of 3 1/2 inches ... Yep they stick out a tad bit far probably gonna reel those in a bit with different wheels Now my next question,,, Need to raise the rear end at least an inch maybe two..
I know you fellas are cringing and writhing in pain at the thought of lifting the ass end of a mustang and will have a fountain of both factual and false info on all the harmful side effects and how it will look stupid but please please please stick with me on the topic of going up.... Now we all know lift shocks are less than adequate and cause damage.... So lower control arms or something along those lines??? Maybe the adjustable ones ? Also which company's offer the best set ups .. I'm interested in quality parts.. So far I've come across maximum motor sports they seem to have a wide array of upper and lower control arms and like wise needed parts.. However I do not want to purchase anything that is cheaply made..
My 70 mustang has pretty wide tires and I have 17 inch wheels upgraded brakes and nice fat tires all tucked under and within the wheel wells ,,, Hopefully that redeems me a bit... I am going for a specific look with this 97 gt and I like the idea of the adjustable lower arms as it seems I can go 1 or two up and 1 down in terms of inches so if I decide something different I at least have a few options on the table.... Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Most adjustable lowers are made to lower the car a little for better launches. I'm not aware of any that raise the rear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep Maximum Motorsports.. Adjustable rear lowers 2'' up 1'' down,,, They have a complete package with torque arm , pan hard bar and adjustable lowers.... Sounds like a sweet deal also have sub frame connectors to figure out... Didn't have time to call them today hopefully I can sneak in a call tomorrow... Seems they have everything for the front suspension as well...

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Try 6" backspacking. That 3.5" will look great on your 71 duster with the Indy Profile tires that are 40 years old and hook like Sumitomos.

I'm not trying to bust your balls but you need to do some real research into your build and your goals before you throw a pile of money away on the things you have mentioned.

·
Registered
808 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL .... NICE PICTURE... Those are sportman tires... But you are correct those indys didn't look so fabulous on the stang..... However already have the suspension installed and it hooks rather nicely with this new set up.... As for wheels and tires... I have received tires waiting on wheels... Will look a little different than most stangs but not so dramatic as the picture....lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The head Unicorn ,,, my little pony ? Well all I need now is Barney or one of the teletubbies to chime in...... LOL. And why the face palm ? Because Of the suspension ? Because after visiting Sights like steeda and others and a little research I chose Maximum Motorsports and used their full length sub frame connectors and heavy duty torque arm suspension package with adjustable lowers... Sweet system allows me to adjust the rear height to my needs... And made the car handle 500 times better.... So again ,,, Why the face palm...

·
Registered
632 Posts
The head Unicorn ,,, my little pony ? Well all I need now is Barney or one of the teletubbies to chime in...... LOL. And why the face palm ? Because Of the suspension ? Because after visiting Sights like steeda and others and a little research I chose Maximum Motorsports and used their full length sub frame connectors and heavy duty torque arm suspension package with adjustable lowers... Sweet system allows me to adjust the rear height to my needs... And made the car handle 500 times better.... So again ,,, Why the face palm...
Dude you can't be serious trying to talk **** to me. You can sit your car next to mine at a stop light, drag strip or car show and you'll get clowned every time. I facepalmed because this is going to look freaking retarded and it's stupid.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts