Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. This car has been nothing but problems since I got it. I have gotten these codes before and I cleaned the TB and they went away. These codes only showed up when I floored it. Well tonight I was cruising along the highway and bam. Failsafe engine mode and these 2 codes popped up. It kept on going into failsafe engine mode. I could not keep going for longer than maybe a mile and it would go into failsafe engine and these codes would pop up. Any help? 2005 mustang gt. I replaced TPS and throttle body actuator motor already... am I left to buy a new TB? Also how do I check tps voltage?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Same thing kept happening to me, id go a mile on the highway and limp mode. found my tps cracked. Replaced it, ran great. No problems since. You might have to replace it again

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
TPS is the culprit more times than not. I've got a used one...I think. I'd send it to you for $20 shipped. I know it's good and has about 15k miles on it. My son's went bad so I removed mine to go get him running. He bought both of us a new one and I believe it's on my work bench.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have already replaced it. I have a warranty on it. I will replace it again. I talked to the mustang guru around here and he said at his shop those exact codes after replacing the tps and motor. Pretty Mich means its the TB. He owns a mustang only performance shop. So I'm gonna take his word. He said I should go with factory because it comes with all the electronics. Buy Ford wants $484. And I can get the gt500 one for $320 from AM. so I'm gonna go that route an hope for the best.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have the FRPP 62mm TB. It's beautiful, made by accufab, and comes fully assembled with all electronics. Sounds better than paying 484 for stock. I do have my stock one I'd be more than willing to sell you but it would only come with the motor no TPS

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well guys. I replaced the TB with an OEM unit. And now my problem is back. Only 2 weeks after replacing the TB. I decided to post on this thread again rather than start a new one. Anyway. I'm going into failsafe engine mode and I get the same 2 codes. P2112 and P2104

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The thing is. Its a brand-new TB. OEM Ford throttle body with all new electronics. I'm at a stand still here. It ran great for awhile but now its back.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Do the plates feel spring-loaded? I had an issue with the one I bought where the spring in the motor housing actually came unsecured (never opened or touched the internals) causing those codes I believe. Ford racing fixed it for free but that might be an issue

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes the butterflies do feel spring loaded. I cannot for my life figure out what's wrong with it. Really irritates me.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it totally sucks. i can clean the TB and it goes away for another 2-3 weeks and then its back. i guess ill just have to save and buy a frpp one as well. this really blows considering i just bought this one.

·
better than clockWise
20,483 Posts
sounds to me like you need to think past the TB and ask yourself waht could cause a TB to go bad.

I dont have that answer but, its what id be thinking

1 - 20 of 40 Posts