Modded Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Prob a stroked 4.6 with CMS/VT cams, its a 2v for sure, either way I would like to know what the new motor is OP.

Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
New motor is a 2v windsor block. Vt engines made it back in the day when they were still a company, but due to ownership issues they closed. 5.0 stroker with 9.2:1 compression ratio. Stage 2 heads and cams. Vt heads and cams are basically the same as foxlake since one of the owners went to foxlake.

Not that it affects me, but do rear ends have to be changed as well?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
you could put a tru trac in the 7.5 if you really wanted to keep it

but if your going to the work to swap to a v8 i see no reason to not swap to a 8.8 rear

so yes, the best option is to put in an 8.8

Discussion starter · #29 ·
If youre leaving the 4.6 stock then sure you could leave the 7.5 in. But once you start modding you might as well do the rear first. Those one wheel peels dont seem like they would be fun in a v8. Haha

I mainly lurk and don't post but now it's time that I give back to the community! I bought a '99 GT w/ manual trans years ago with a salvage title - only 43,000 miles and had numerous upgrades. Runs like a true beast! 3 different shops started the body work and never finished. Shop 1 closed down, shop 2 burned down, shop 3 got to a point where they saw that the car was cut (by shop 1) and refused to do any further work. I just bought a '00 V6 auto and will be using the GT as a donor car. I will start the work once the weather improves and will post as many pix as possible to breathe life into this old thread. Hopefully, it will help others with questions that they may have. This will be my first V6 to V8 swap, however, I have replaced over 20 engines and trans over the years (almost all crown vics 4.6).

I mainly lurk and don't post but now it's time that I give back to the community! I bought a '99 GT w/ manual trans years ago with a salvage title - only 43,000 miles and had numerous upgrades. Runs like a true beast! 3 different shops started the body work and never finished. Shop 1 closed down, shop 2 burned down, shop 3 got to a point where they saw that the car was cut (by shop 1) and refused to do any further work. I just bought a '00 V6 auto and will be using the GT as a donor car. I will start the work once the weather improves and will post as many pix as possible to breathe life into this old thread. Hopefully, it will help others with questions that they may have. This will be my first V6 to V8 swap, however, I have replaced over 20 engines and trans over the years (almost all crown vics 4.6).
You should make a thread and take pics and document the swap, would hellp alot of other members in the future :)

You should make a thread and take pics and document the swap, would hellp alot of other members in the future :)
Post it in here. A LOT of people check this thread and to be honest Froush OP is still very very active here.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.