Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant really find anything on the 99-04 Saleens. My friend found an 02 Saleen with 72k miles on it, blue (I think sonic im not sure) and its bone stock hes interested in. But if he doesnt fall through, the guy said he likes my car and would consider a trade....Im kind of thinking about it, I love Saleens.

Whats some specs on them? How much boost and power and torque do they make (at the wheels) bone stock? How much boost and power can you get out of them? With exhaust/intake and whats the smallest pulley you can run being safe?

·
MM Official Sammich Maker
6,732 Posts
I think they make power around the 425hp and 400tq "supercharged" and as far as i know they did come in the sonic blue.
Now as far as adding exhaust and so on im not sure.
I love the car's too and would give just about anything to own one too.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the extremes. The extremes I know were like 450+hp. I think the supercharged ones are around 340bhp which is weak, but I know you can do **** to them, just trying to get an idea of what can be done to them with the stock motor, how much the little M90 (Ithink) is willing to go and all that.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Im sure itd still crank out 10psi which is plenty for the stock motor. I think a stock Saleen is set at a pretty low boost

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
SC 281 will make around 375 crank 2valve with the blower, the sc281 E will make 425-450 crank (modded 2 valve with blower, when i mean modded i mean pistons etc.) Just make sure it has a blower and you'll be pleased. They have racecraft suspension too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a s3 roush but same blower/engine.. You can get it to 400rwhp with a 8 psi pulley/bolt ons. Thats about as good as you can get with the stock 2v motor safely

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
shaun "grn 00 gt" over on afm had a saleen blower "maxed out" and he was at around 380rwhp. i believe he was pushing 10psi with a smaller upper, chicane intercooler, chicane idler, mid pipe, catback, intake, and TB. and he wasn't even running a dyno tune. he was using a mail order and was just running a wideband.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
they came with saleen cat back and bassani catted x pipe, my buddy had a zinc yellow 02 before he got his P51, they are bad ass cars, they come wiht eatons on them

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I say go for it.. It would be a nice fun daily, can make decent power with a few upgrades.. And who cares how it looks at the track or with prostars on it. How often will they be on? Once a month for a day at most.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Yeah no kidding. I use to dd my old GT and it kind of sucked driving it in the rain and getting it muddy in my driveway (dirt driveway). Atleast your in FL though lol. bottled2v drove his GT all winter on snow tires through 1' ft snow and **** hahah.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts