Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
go fast!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty new to mustangs, I have an 03 mach that I want to do some stuff too. Any help would be great. I'm wanting to lower, intake, lt headers, throttle body and spacers. And a tuner. Can I get some of these from a GT or cobra?
Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
headers will be 4v specific. dont waste ur money on a throttle body spacer. lol

suspension you can get from a gt. cobras have irs so it's a bit different.

check out latemodelrestoration.com or americanmuscle.com

·
go fast!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See the lady here where I live at Missouri Mustang, saod she has a cobra and the suspension would be the same? But thats all she knew tho. Youd think working there shed know exactly what I needed. But I guess thats there loss from not having a parts lady that doesnt know mustangs.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
front maybe but rears are irs on cobra and sra on mustangs and mach. im not sure if the irs springs would fit yours or not but why chance it? just get the correct stuff. i have eibach sportlines and love em

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
American Muscle is a great place to buy stuff. Customer service is great if for some reason something went wrong with your order.

He's right. Rear end Cobra's have independent rear suspension and Mach's have an 8.8" solid rear axle.

American muscle's site will show you what will fit your Mach 1.

Why would you want to buy stuff from a GT when you have Mach? I guess i'm confused. Are you looking to upgrade or just put stuff back together? If you don't have some sort of forced injection (tubro/blower) don't buy a throttle body or a spacer. Both of them are giant wastes of money.

Short shifter/Tuner/Intake/LT Headers/X or H-pipe (or pro chamber)/cat back/suspension are your best bets to start with.

Here's my list of mods:
4.10 Ford Racing Gears
Rebuilt T-Lok with Carbon Disks
Pacesetter LT Headers
Pacesetter O/R X-pipe
Flowmaster Super 44's
C&L Intake
FR500 Black Chrome Staggered 9/10
Nitto Invo's
Tokico D-Specs
H&R Race Springs
Steeda Strut Tower Brace
SR Short Shifter
Eibach Sway Bars
Poly bushings here and there

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
See the lady here where I live at Missouri Mustang, saod she has a cobra and the suspension would be the same? But thats all she knew tho. Youd think working there shed know exactly what I needed. But I guess thats there loss from not having a parts lady that doesnt know mustangs.

The person you spoke with at MO Mustang was most likely Kathy. MO Mustang's primary experiance with Cobra's would be with the 96-98 variety. So based on that her information she gave was correct because they are the same.

Is your Mach and auto or 5 speed? If it is the Gray one I think it is, then it is an auto. Knowing that will help pick what mods to go with.

I use to have a TR 04' Mach 1 auto car that ran LOW 13's on street tire with very minimal mods.

·
go fast!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its the grey and its a 5 speed. I was mainly wanting to find used lowering kit, this girl I know said she has some from a gt. And thanks for the advise on not getting a tb or spacer. That would be the least thing I want to do so I wont waste money now. Mine runs strong now as it is but I would like to get into the mid to high 12's. Thanks guys ill keep ya posted on what I do and how it turns out

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
No need for headers right now. For your car, I would personally go with these mods:

-Intake spacer since they actually add power on Mach's
-JLT CAI
-UPR O/R X
-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback
-MGW Short Throw
-H&R SS Springs
-Maximum Motorsports or MM for short CC Plates
-MM Full Length Subframe Connectors
-FRPP 4.10 Gears
-SCT Tuner since you'll need to re-calibrate the speedo from the gears
-AFS DD Mach rears
-Nitto NT05's or BFG KDW2's

With those mods, you will be happy with the car for a while.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Mine don't. I have them with a UPR O/R X and it doesn't drone at all unless its at 2k but it's still bearable.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Don't sweat the subframes either cuz a Mach comes with subframes already

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The following mods will add no power: throttle bodys, throttle body spacers, JLT CAIs and RAIs. The spacer may add a little tq and mid range hp but not enough to feel.

K&N filter, long tubes, gears (4.10-4.30), tune and off road X or H pipe will add a decent amount power and are good bang for the buck power mods.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts