Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finished up the main build and wanted to crank it over to make sure everything was alright. I have the on3 kit(with the relocation kit for the oil filter). Had the entire engine appart. When i crank it over I get no oil coming through. The lines are on correct as far as I and jegs knows. Out to in and in to out. After cranking it over in the oil filter got over half full but wont push it up. I tried taking the oil filter off and cranking it and nothing. Do these systems need a "pime" type of deal? I thought Oil should be shooting out all over the place.

Alright got the oil all figured out but now I have no spark. My block is not grounded, I am going to go ground it now just wondering if that would cause no spark? Or just a wiring job

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Yes there is a way to prime the system. I I don't know how to do it yet. I would try googling it

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Faster than my X
410 Posts
You have to prime the oil pump. If you forget to prime the pump with assembly lube or high viscosity engine oil and you will not get oil pressures on start up.fill the pump cavity to capacity with engine assembly lube because your has such a long oil pick up.you want immediate oil pressure on start up.

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to prime the oil pump. If you forget to prime the pump with assembly lube or high viscosity engine oil and you will not get oil pressures on start up.fill the pump cavity to capacity with engine assembly lube because your has such a long oil pick up.you want immediate oil pressure on start up.
currently the engines in the car with the timing cover and valve covers off. What the easiest way to prime from from this point? Im trying not to redue the timing, but not trying to fry the block either

·
Registered
139 Posts
You can use a pressure bug sprayer thingy from a home reno type place. Attach an adapter to the oil filter housing, pump it up and itll flow through the oil passages priming the whole system. Do a search on the net, there are a couple of how tos and pics.

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can use a pressure bug sprayer thingy from a home reno type place. Attach an adapter to the oil filter housing, pump it up and itll flow through the oil passages priming the whole system. Do a search on the net, there are a couple of how tos and pics.
thanks, I ended up putting oil down the turbo oil feed line. My biggest thing was I didnt turn it over for the full 12-15 seconds. Once I held a clock up and cranked it it flowed (10quarts later).

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Alright got the oil all figured out but now I have no spark. My block is not grounded, I am going to go ground it now just wondering if that would cause no spark? Or just a wiring job
Sounds like you need to check the fuse, wiring, then maybe CCRM (relay module in fender). The red wire on cops should be hot with key on. The other colored wires on cops are the switched ground from the PCM (computer).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts