Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal. I order Ford Racing M-9593-LU80 47lb. injectors for my 07 Stang 4.6 GT that I'm running a cia and a 2.57 pulley at about 8-8.5 lbs. boost and they are about an inch to long. Any help on which ones I need?:(

·
Registered
135 Posts
8.5 lbs of boost from the M90?

As for injectors...why 47lbs? I don't think you need ones that big. I have 39lb injectors in mine.

ROUSH # on the box
R14010001-13-AA

Part # on the injectors
9145B C01 25386328

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Realy? I talked to the place I got the 2.57 from and they said it wasn't there tune but that the injectors were too small. I have the Roush 39 ones on there now. I got it at the dyno shop so may be the guy there can fix the tune and make them work! Yeah Stage 3 motor sports says 8-8.5 on the 2.57 pulley with the steeda cai the same set up you got. I don't have a boost gauge so I can't tell.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hmm...interesting.

Mind you I have long tubes and cams, so my boost levels will be lower. Most I've seen out of mine (per the boost gauge) is about 6 psi.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
39# injectors are plenty on the M90 with a 2.57 and CAI. It is possible to run out of fuel pump, but a good tuner can tell by looking at your fuel pump duty cycle. If so, add a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump or GT500 pumps (retune required). Maybe buy a tune from Justin at VMP tuning or JDM. Sounds like your tuner may not know what they are doing.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Realy? I talked to the place I got the 2.57 from and they said it wasn't there tune but that the injectors were too small. I have the Roush 39 ones on there now. I got it at the dyno shop so may be the guy there can fix the tune and make them work! Yeah Stage 3 motor sports says 8-8.5 on the 2.57 pulley with the steeda cai the same set up you got. I don't have a boost gauge so I can't tell.
That's pretty optimistic...I was thinking 6 or 7 PSI but I never ran a boost gauge when I had my M90 / 2.57 / Steeda CAI. Others will chime in...or go ask on FnSweet -lots of M 90 Roush owners over there.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think I am at about 7 psi, with lt headders

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So here's the results. 7.2 psi not the 8-8.5 as advertised. 39lb injectors running at about a 92% duty cycle and pump at about 95% and maxed out on gunning it. Got the GT500 pump in now and found some 47lb. ones. Oh and I have the stock headers and high flow cats w/xpipe and flow master mufflers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts