Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my fuel injectors are junk. About 5 years ago I bought 60lb Deka fuel injectors off ebay. They worked fine but I've always fought a rough idling/stalling issue even after professional tuning.

Last week I removed the supercharger for service and retuned the car for N/A using the 60lb injectors. It still idled rough. Just for curiosity I reinstalled the stock 19lb injectors and loaded the 19lb injector values in the existing tune. The car idles perfect and does not hunt or stall.

So either one of two things is happening. 1. The injectors are junk or 2. I don't have the correct tuning data because I bough the injectors from ebay and don't know which of the 3+ variants I have.

Either way I'm buying new injectors with known tune data.

Does anyone have experience with 60lb or 80lb injectors good/bad/indifferent? I'm sure all injectors will flow the required fuel, I'm concerned with drivability/idle quality.

Scott

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have SD60lbs that are going into my 03 built V6 project. Never heard anything bad about LEGIT SD injectors. However, a lot of people have reported knock off injectors being sold on ebay. I can't weigh in on how I like mine, since the car is still in the build process, and wont drive for a little longer... Good luck though!

It may be worth it to have your current SD60s flow tested, and see if one injector is way off from the rest, as that could cause some of the issues you are describing.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced my DEKA 60lb with FRPP 60lb. I imported the tune data into SCT PRP, lowered the min pulse width a bit, and the car runs perfect. Nothing wrong with the DEKA 60lb. I is just difficult to find accurate tuning data for them. This will not be a problem for getting the correct amount of fuel to engine on the dyno, but if the offset data is incorrect they may have drivability problems. A tuner will be able to get the AF correct, but they are not going to be able to fix the other tuning data.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts