Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure what size injectors to buy 24's? or 30's?? i have a 255 fuel pump....
motors pretty much done 306, stock crank, eagle rods, probe pistons, ported E7 heads (until i can gets some trick flows). probably run a 125 shot on it. then when i change up the heads go to a 150. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Dry shot? Otherwise with a wet shot, your injectors don't really matter as much unless you are going to oversize the fuel jet and have the tuner take excess fuel out of the injectors on a seperate nitrous tune.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah itll be a wet shot, plate kit between upper and lower intake. im gonna have it dyno tuned when i get everything.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
yeah itll be a wet shot, plate kit between upper and lower intake. im gonna have it dyno tuned when i get everything.
don't need bigger injectors. just a bigger fuel pump

·
Registered
705 Posts
don't need bigger injectors. just a bigger fuel pump
Why a bigger fuel pump?? I thought A jet orfice is gna put out the amount its designed for wether it's 60 or 225lbs fuel pump ..
You can't force out more?? Am I wrong??

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
Why a bigger fuel pump?? I thought A jet orfice is gna put out the amount its designed for wether it's 60 or 225lbs fuel pump ..
You can't force out more?? Am I wrong??
its not about the force, its about the stock pump barley being enough for a modded motor, let alone when your using it to split up the fuel to a nitrous fuel sorce, and shoot a 100 shot or so.

your injector rails will lose pressure, and you can lean out the motor.

its just cheap insurance.

·
Registered
705 Posts
its not about the force, its about the stock pump barley being enough for a modded motor, let alone when your using it to split up the fuel to a nitrous fuel sorce, and shoot a 100 shot or so.

your injector rails will lose pressure, and you can lean out the motor.

its just cheap insurance.
Ok I'm not questioning your knowledge .. But i know your rails lose a slight bit of pressure but your shooting the fuel through the nitrous solenoid and jet therefore compensating for that slight drop you know what I'm tryna say??

·
Registered
705 Posts
Lol I'm tryna learn more man... That was more of a question I made it seem like a statement sorry bout that bud??

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
Ok I'm not questioning your knowledge .. But i know your rails lose a slight bit of pressure but your shooting the fuel through the nitrous solenoid and jet therefore compensating for that slight drop you know what I'm tryna say??
Lol I'm tryna learn more man... That was more of a question I made it seem like a statement sorry bout that bud??
there is still going to be a window where the motor is lean.

fuel pressure to the rail lowers, right at the time the nitrous is used, and nitrous almost always has a lean spike, when it is first used, due to the nitrous getting into the motor before the fuel. so right there you have the lean spike from the injecters losing pressure, and then the nitrous hitting. its just asking for melted pistons.

Also, thats if you have a good pump, if you have a pump that is old, and on its way out, the lean condition would be even worse.

is it really worth melting the motor down, just so you don't have to spend $100 on a new fuel pump, that will support mods for the future also?

·
Registered
705 Posts
there is still going to be a window where the motor is lean.

fuel pressure to the rail lowers, right at the time the nitrous is used, and nitrous almost always has a lean spike, when it is first used, due to the nitrous getting into the motor before the fuel. so right there you have the lean spike from the injecters losing pressure, and then the nitrous hitting. its just asking for melted pistons.

Also, thats if you have a good pump, if you have a pump that is old, and on its way out, the lean condition would be even worse.

is it really worth melting the motor down, just so you don't have to spend $100 on a new fuel pump, that will support mods for the future also?
Ok I get what your saying and it does make sense thanks bud

1 - 17 of 17 Posts