Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im looking to buy injectors this week and wondering what you guys think. I was going to get 42lb or 38lb injectors I can get a better deal on the 38's. My setup is at the bottom I do have a t-rex inline pump and planning on pushing 8-10 lb's of boost no fmu im going to use the pms to tune it

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i would have said 42s but if you can get that great of a deal on 38s then i say go for it

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Not jacking the thread but I have Orange colered injectors and they have something in the writing of "39 C" stamped on the top part of it. I can't remeber the first letter/number before the 39 C but I was curious if I had Ford Racing Injectors and if they were bigger that 19lb.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
255 is a great price what brand are they ?? I have seen used sets on e-bay go for 235.00

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Not jacking the thread but I have Orange colered injectors and they have something in the writing of "39 C" stamped on the top part of it. I can't remeber the first letter/number before the 39 C but I was curious if I had Ford Racing Injectors and if they were bigger that 19lb.
Orange tops are 19 lb injectors as far as I know.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Ok im looking to buy injectors this week and wondering what you guys think. I was going to get 42lb or 38lb injectors I can get a better deal on the 38's. My setup is at the bottom I do have a t-rex inline pump and planning on pushing 8-10 lb's of boost no fmu im going to use the pms to tune it
42 lbers minimum without an FMU, 50 lbers would be best.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
What you mean by "42lbs minimum without an FMU"... Flash Management Unit?

Like flashing the ecu after he installs the 42lb jecters?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I would suggest 42lb'ers. With the PMS, you can tune the ECU to work pretty well in normal driving conditions with the 42s. Another plus is the 42s are good for 500bhp, so even if your not making that number now, you can in the future without changing injectors.

Ive got a set for sale, brand new in box from Accel.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for the input!

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Get some real injectors, My last mustang had a set from accel and then summit... both suck. I personally don't like the flow of the 32lb and I've made better horsepower on 19lb jecties Plus the accel started leaking from the o-rings and somewhere on the lower side of the jectors as well. Get some from Ford Racing. Just my honest opinion

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Get some real injectors, My last mustang had a set from accel and then summit... both suck. I personally don't like the flow of the 32lb and I've made better horsepower on 19lb jecties Plus the accel started leaking from the o-rings and somewhere on the lower side of the jectors as well. Get some from Ford Racing. Just my honest opinion
Do you think Ford makes the injectors?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know who makes their injectors, but they do seem to be fairly good.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Do you think Ford makes the injectors?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know who makes their injectors, but they do seem to be fairly good.
I don't beleive Ford makes the Ford Racing injectors, All I know is I've own them twice, never had no issues. I decide to get accell and summit's versions, it's like I have 8 migets spitting in random order into my cylinders.

That reminds me, When you have Ford racing injectors, How do you go about "re-calibrating" the MAF sensor? Buy another one?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts