Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search and come up with bits of info but nothing solid.

my friend was saying to me earlier today hes gonna throw new injectors into his entirely stock 01 mustang GT. i told him he'd have to get a tuner and a tune and blah blah blah cause i remember reading a post by HMUSN wehre it said bigger fuel injectors dont make more HP they allow more fuel for more HP through tuning. does that mean my friend can get HP if he gets new injectors PLUS a tune? or will new injectors and a tune on a stock car do nothing at all?

·
Registered
428 Posts
The tune will slow the duty cycle down on the injectors and drop the fuel pressure to compinsate. So he will be right back to flowing the same amount of fuel that he would with stock injectors. He does NOT need bigger injectors. Sounds like your friend is one of those guys who thinks bigger injectors are gonna give you more HP. He is just wasting his money.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Injectors will do nothing on a stock or mild set up. Even with a tune, there is no advantage. It may even make the car perform worse- especially at idle and low fuel demand situations....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so basicly theres no point in adding more fuel when u have no way of adding more air(super/turbocharged), or if he has upgraded hardware? (cams or whatever)

cool guys... thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i have the yellow top injectors in my car now...22# i think, but on the newer mustangs, past mid 01, they are the pink 24#...worth using them if i can find them cheap?

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
i have the yellow top injectors in my car now...22# i think, but on the newer mustangs, past mid 01, they are the pink 24#...worth using them if i can find them cheap?
Pinks are 19. If, for some unknown reason, you need larger injectors, go ahead and step up to the 30 pounders. There would be no point in getting 24's to replace 19's.

BTW: the yellows are 19 pounders as well- they are just an older model.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
ok thanks ac...i wont need them until this summer...procharger fun, but it comes with them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts