Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle was telling me a good upgrade is going to 24# cobra injectors and mass air so my question is I have a 04 GT can I put 01 cobra injectors in my car or is a 01 a different style? And I found some that are used with about 1000 miles on them is it ok to put some used injectors in my car?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
you can use them but you will need a tune and there is no power gain with the swap. i would keep your stock setup

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
your stock maf and injecters support plenty and they will provide no gain on their own. now a tune will net you some numbers but not really worth the price if your mostly stock

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I am wanting to be in the 350hp range without dropping the money on a super charger it has a K&n intake duel Flowmaster super 44's with a h pipe and underdrive pulleys I want to tune it but I don't know what type of tune to get and what good add ons I can do to lay down good numbers.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
not to burst your bubble but breaking 300 n/a is a lot of work in a 2v mustang. most boosted guys with stock motors put down between 375 and 400 hp.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I would not say it is 'a lot' of work but more of you need to upgrade more parts. 300 rwhp is in no way a hard obstacle.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
honestly i would not focus so much on power but what kind of track times you would like to run. my last car was more of a dyno queen than anything and it was no fun. a cam and exhaust mustang is a fun car. put a little spray on it and you will love it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It comes down to what you want to do with it at the same time, what type of racing that is. That would determine what you need most.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts