Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of seimens deka 80 lb injectors with 500 miles on them for a pretty good deal. They are eV6. Can i use these injectors on my 99 GT for e85 and with the ford racing ev1 to ev6 adapters? For the injectors and adapters from american muscle id still be in em under $300

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured but thought id ask to make sure lol! We dont have 93 where i live and w my low compression and the altitude i live at i figure e85 will be the safest route

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, its weird lol! Growing up i didnt even know there was 93 octane til i went to Arizona for a basketball tournament lol! Im sure Denver CO has 93 but i knw nowhere in Pueblo does and i havnt seen any in Colorado Springs either. Most gas stations in my area have e85 now tho

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of MAF setups do you guys run? It seems to be that blow through is better for tuning but im not sure what would be best for the 80 lb injectors. Im pretty sure im going to get em with the adapters.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
For 550-700RWHP you will be needing a set of 80LB injectors to run with E-85. You can run 60's at the lower 500ish on E-85 but if you plan on turning any RPM you definatley need the 80's. I run 80LB siemens Deka as well for my E-85 Setup. What kind of fuel pump system do you have to run in conjunction with the 80's? for 550RWHP your going to need atleast 2 340LPH pumps to get the volume you will be needing. Im running a third pump for a safety net, and just in case i decided to go bigger my fuel system is ready.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
My tuner said the lightning with mafia would be ok for 600. but not much more than that (probably mid 600s). He told me it would also be easier to tune with the sct ba2600. So for only a couple bucks extra you can get the sct. That being said, its only if you get a used mafia for around $100 which i see all the time

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im pretty set on getting the 80 lb injectors off corral then the EV1 to EV6 adapter kit from American Muscle. I want to make sure the MAF can handle 600ish without pegging, i havnt made any moves or decisions on the rest of the fuel system though. Just the injectors for now cuz i found a deal. I already have Fore Innovations rails on it now so im good on rails. I know i need lines if i plan on return, which id assume is best for safety and reliability. Im not to familiar with fuel setups so im not too sure what else i need aside from the injectors and pumps to feed em. Was thinking Cobra tank but heard its not necessary.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Basically you will need -8 feed and -6 return line from the tank to the rails and numerous fittings. You will need a regulator to regulate fuel pressure. 2 40 amp Bosch relays to run your pumps. Also look into the KMS fuel hat it will hold 3 340 Lph pumps you will have to break out the basket in your tank but you can weld a custom baffle in your tank which is what I did it cost me 60$ vs the cost of the cobra tank.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
EV1 and EV6 denote the body style and are unrelated to the connector type, which can be Jetronic/Minitimer or USCAR--see below:

There is much confusion and misinformation on the web about this issue, even at well-known vendor sites where they should know better. You will only need electrical adapters if the new injectors have USCAR connectors. The FRPP 24 lb/h injector I run in my GT are EV6 with Jetronic connectors:

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats great info!! Most of what ive read is definately not clear on that! The 80lb high impedence injectors im looking at are USCAR so id need the adapters for them but i did not know i can get EV6 injectors with jetronic connectors to cut out the need for adapters! Appreciate the input and info, i love learning about our cars! Fuel is something I def need a crash course in. I know basics but not what all I need specifically for my setup

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I worked directly with Bob Kurgan when I setup my fuel system so I got top knotch parts and a fuel system large enough to grow with. When you get ready to buy PM me ill hook you up with the parts needed for a complete system.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Pate,

Thank you for your service! A Merry Christmas to you and yours...

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Pate,

Thank you for your service! A Merry Christmas to you and yours...
Cliffy thank You sir, I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas as well.

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks SSG! You have been a huge help since day one of my plans! Do you hav an idea (roughly) what it will cost for the fuel system? Minus rails and injectors

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
On e85, 60lb injectors will max around 630-650rwhp. I would definitely just go with 80lb injectors. Definitely worth it imo

1 - 20 of 39 Posts