Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i have a bad injector, when im driving the car at a steady speed its fine but when i give it a little throttle it seems to sputter, but when i have it in neutral it revs fine any suggestion? what else do you need to know?

·
Registered
780 Posts
maybe fuel filter.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,428 Posts
Clean the MAF sensor.
Check the injector harnesses and make sure they're firmly attached to the injectors.
Check plugs, plug wires, dizzy cap, and rotor for wear. Replace as necessary.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tune a complete tune so far and still the same thing getting the cars scanned today and see what turns out

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Easy way to tell if its an injector start the car up and pull the plug on your injectors one at a time and you should notice the car stumble a little each time....if you pull one and dont notice anything and you do on the others then chances are you have a bad injector....

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ill give that a try in the morning, is there an easy way to clean the injectors your self?
that fuel injector cleaner they sell at autozone and stuff :D

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
The injector failure rate is very low. Dropping out 1 cylinder is only 13% of the total. I'd suspect the fuel pump, maf, or tune WAY before a bad injector. With today's gas, injectors with 50-100K mi on them never look gummed up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i just took my car to be scanned and pulled a 136 which said 02 sensor heater so i took mine and exchanged them cause they still warranty but still does the same thing. Is there somthing else i should look at with the 136 code. Its getting annoying now and patience is wearing thin so any would help.

·
Registered
266 Posts
do you have a fuel pressure gauge?can you drive and see if pressure fluctuates when it sputters?

·
Registered
266 Posts
was the old pump the same as the new one? can you be sure fuel pressure is same?

·
Registered
266 Posts
i recommend an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a gauge to see if you are where you need to be pressure wise.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i test my injectors and found a bad one they all read 15.4 ohms but one so i think i found the problem.

·
Registered
372 Posts
if you don't mind me asking, how much was it to replace your injectors? i'm running into the same problem, i don't have the time nor the know how to check out the injectors. i bought some used 24# injectors off of a 93 cobra (at least thats what the guy told me) and the C&L 73 or 74mm MAF calibrated for 24# injectors. and i'm wondering how much would it be to install all that. maybe i could get that damn sputtering problem fixed. i have an adjustable fuel regulator but no fuel pressure gauge. i should get one.lol. any ideas on which pressure gauge would be good on our cars? i don't know much about them. thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts