Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im getting these suspension parts soon, mod bug has hit me again, just got new wheels and tires on so next is lowering it right.

wanna lower it with H and R just cause i feel like if i lower it with eibach i woulda wanted more then a 1.5" drop.

worried about scraping... learning how to drive, etc but ???

Tokico HP Series Front Strut (94-04 All) $105 x2
Tokico HP Series Strut (94-04 Mustang) HB3140 - Free Shipping!

Tokico HP Series Rear Shock $85 x2
Tokico HP Series Shock (94-04 Mustang excl. IRS Cobra) HE3723 - Free Shipping!

J&M Caster Camber Plates (94-04 All) $165
J&M Mustang 4-Bolt Caster Camber Plates (94-04) 24213 - Free Shipping!

H&R Super Sport Springs - Coupe (96-04 GT) $250
H&R Super Sport Mustang Springs (96-04 GT/V6) 51652-77 - Free Shipping!

thoughts?
other then lowering it, what else can i expect? better handling?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
PM Sent!

·
Danger To Manifold!!!!
2,378 Posts
I've heard import friends with Tokico Blues say to stay away from them on lowered cars but I have no personal experience with them. I'd recommend the Koni STR.Ts that I'm using though, I don't have any complaints and they're about the same price.

And if you can swing it, the MM CC plates are basically the best you can buy.

Either way though, you'll love the look! The car in my sig is lowered on H&R SS for an idea of how low it goes.

Good luck man!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Get the Maximum Motorsports CC plates. I lowered mine about a month ago and installed MM plates at the same time, super easy to install and are a MUST! When i took it for an alignment, i was like 0.5 of a degree out on either side and the guy said it was the easiest alignment he'd ever done.

Have fun with it!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've got the Tokico Blues and like them ok. MM C/C plates are definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
MM caster/camber plates. MM frame connectors. MM rear lower control arms. Tokico or KoniSTR struts/shocks (haven't really heard any bad about the Tokico's from personal experience, but have seen a few comments that there quality isn't as great as other brands). Might want to look into Steeda X2 balljoints. The car will be very low with H&R SS springs. I personally would not go any lower than 1.5" on a car that is street driven unless the streets in your area are absolutely flawless and you do not have any steep driveways to go down/up.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Bilsteins may be pricey but they will handle those springs perfectly. I also second Koni STR.T's.

H&R's are pretty low but you might as well go the extra .2 in the front and have a nice stance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like H and R because the are local and I can pick them up in person. Quality is nice for the price also. The wearhouse is nice. I use to work for Les Schwab and got to go by frequently to pick up kits for installs we were going. Even got to drive their promo mustang.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what would happen if i just put in the springs and CC plates w/o shocks and struts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your factory shocks and struts would'nt be able to handle the drop and WILL fail.

You need to get new, upgraded shocks/struts when lowering.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
skip those and get coilovers. much better. can set it to height you want front and rear instead of guessing putting em in and not liking it. jmo
but definitely get caster/camber plates. i have the 4 bolt j and m. works good

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
I have h&r ss springs with tokico blues and would recommend that set up. And definitely go with the MM cc plates!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ive heard people saying they run springs and plates without upgrading shocks and struts and say its fine??

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay so after thinking and doing more reading im looking at these

SR Performance Mustang Lowering Springs - Coupe (79-04 GT, Mach 1, 93-98 Cobra) - Free Shipping!

great price, and read good reviews..
i just want a drop thatll get rid of the 4x4 and can tell its lowered and sits nice.., and i dont wanna get springs such as H&R that will lower it so much itll be a headache driving avoiding stuff on the road..

im thinking buy these springs, install, let it settle and then get an alignment? or get aligned right after installing these springs? ive read people saying they get aligned without CC plates with this much of a drop.. so not sure if i should order CC plates after installing springs and seeing if i really do need them or not.
same goes for shocks and struts, ima ride out the stock ones on the car till i need to buy shocks and struts.

also would i need anything off of these two pages?? that could help ride quality/ required/ or could help with stance

1999-2004 Mustang Ball Joint and Bumpsteer Kits at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
1999-2004 Mustang Suspension Bushings at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

thanks to anyone who looks and helps

1 - 20 of 40 Posts