Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've replaced the Panhard, LCA's and UCA and I have a maddening creaking noise coming from the UCA mount on the body. It's a creak, not a squeak. The LCA's are poly bushed so I expected some squeaks and, yes they are present.
This is completely different. I've pulled off the UCA mount again to look for any cracking in the areas on the body the mount bolts to and their good. It almost sounds like it's loose but I have gone over the mounting bolts over three times.
Has anyone out there had this issue when replacing their UCA?
Just a detail on that...it's not a poly bushing. It has a spherical rod end, is adjustable and uses the factory bushing in the rear end housing. Also to add the mount is also factory.
Any help would be great!!
:eek:

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
gremlins

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I tried the ruphie...she was just sluggish and unresponsive, but still made alot of noise.
Second, I thought about suspension loading and tried to "wind-up" the rearend.
With the suspension loaded I placed a jack under the nose of the rearend housing. Adding upward pressure, mimicking the torque applied at launch.
This was done with the mounting bolts loose. With the rearend wound-up I re-torqued the bolts. It made a big difference but did not cure the issue.
I guess the weight of the vehicle was not enough to fully load the upper link.

·
Registered
414 Posts
you do not need to "fully load" the rear suspension mimicking a launch takeoff.

just put your car on jackstands (one on each side in front of the rear wheel at the jacking point) then put the jack on the pumpkin and jack it up until the car is just off the jack stands, this will mimic as if the car were sitting. then tighten everything down. also, make sure to have the front wheels blocked.

same procedure goes for the lca's and panhard for that matter. following that procedure you should have no issues. and did you grease the zerk fittings with 3 pumps of synthetic grease? (if the style you are using has them) what are you using, bmr/steeda?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm using Spohn. Yeah they were greased. I did follow the process you described and anytime the suspension was under load I got creaking. I was able to isolate the noise to the upper mount not any of the links.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts