Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The inside of the rear tires on my 94' gt wear alot faster than the outside.. I will take a pic tomorrow/ later, but how do i fix this?

·
Registered
408 Posts
uneven tread wear is an indication that your wheels need aligning. With time, your wheels will be a little off-center, causing them to tilt vertically at a certain angle that results in uneven tread wear. I know this is true for the front wheels, I'm pretty sure it's the same story for the rears unless someone here can clarify this further

·
Registered
594 Posts
its pretty common actually. Especially if you have wider tires. Mine do that as well and I'm running 245/50/16s. Rotate your tires regularly (unless they are different sizes front and back). I hear adjustable camber plates work nicely. I'm thinking about getting some myself.

·
Registered
816 Posts
there are a couple different things that may cause this

-bad struts
-bad ball joints
-and the most common one and most likely the case if you need caster camber plates

is the car lowered at all? if your doing caster camber plates you might as well do the struts and check your ball joints to see if they are all good because they are all playing a role in your front end alignment, and having one of those bad and getting it aligned isnt really doing you any good

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
^+1

read the thread guys, youre giving bad info...

the most common reason would be bad wheel bearings, are you hearing any weird noises?

·
Registered
816 Posts
sorry guys, my bad...in that case yes i would say bad wheel bearings because there is no adjustment for camber on the rears

·
Registered
176 Posts
yea all you can do is check the wheel bearings. its a solid axle so there is no adjustment for anything. until you start getting into adj lca which allow you to position the rear end differently. if you are running some crazy wheel spacers or odd backspace on your wheels and they flex a lot then you may encounter this problem, but that is a long shot.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Oh wow...I completely missed the REAR tires part..

Do you have wheel spacers? They can cause the back tires to bow out. Not very common but I've seen it happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts