Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car squeaks bad when your going over even the slightest bumps in the road, also something knocks around it sounds like both are coming from the right side of the car, anybody know what this is, its so dam annoying

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
strut bushings

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just had new shocks and struts put on how much is a strut bushing

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
i just had new shocks and struts put on how much is a strut bushing
oh the bushing isnt seated properly thats why it bumps and squeaks take it back to the guys who installed and tell them to do it right

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its been doing this before i got the shocks and struts put in
this is the reason why i took it to get them

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
its been doing this before i got the shocks and struts put in
this is the reason why i took it to get them
your bushing is either unseated or bad, they are like 20 bucks for a set

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you sure its a bushing
the squeaking almost sounds like its coming from rear passenger seat/trunk passenger side area just wondering cuz i dont wanna spend 20$ for something i dont need/yet

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
thats right where your strut tower is lol, might be a spring squeaking but id put money on bushing

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so do they replace the bushings when they replace the shocks
because that dam noise is so loud on rough roads i hate it

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
not always usually they dont

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks bro

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yup no problem

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
no dude its not your bushings. I have the same exact problem. Its your e-brake cable it sits on a little hanger and the black part of the cable wears out til it shows metal. Then the hanger rubs on the cable which causes the squeeking. I just spray sillicon on there for right now until it get warm. Then i can bend the hanger and fix it. So pretty much lube all your e-brake cables on the drivers side. Ull see what im talkin about.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
no dude its not your bushings. I have the same exact problem. Its your e-brake cable it sits on a little hanger and the black part of the cable wears out til it shows metal. Then the hanger rubs on the cable which causes the squeeking. I just spray sillicon on there for right now until it get warm. Then i can bend the hanger and fix it. So pretty much lube all your e-brake cables on the drivers side. Ull see what im talkin about.
that would be on any turn or any movement of the car, his only happens over bumps,

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
plus he said the passenger side, that cable is on driver side. mine squeaks too i just put some grease on it to stop it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts