Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 96gt..took of 2 cats..originally 4 and cel is on now.turnes on/off at times. want to know how it will due in inspection,or if i put on mil eliminators that'll help me pass? i live in texas,thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
ya if you want just take it to an advanced auto if ya got one down there or any place that can turn the code off for free. Just do that right before you take it in for the inspection. That way it will be off when you bring the car in and they should pass you no problems...

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
ya if you want just take it to an advanced auto if ya got one down there or any place that can turn the code off for free. Just do that right before you take it in for the inspection. That way it will be off when you bring the car in and they should pass you no problems...
When you erase the codes you also erase all the recent memory and the car will fail for a not ready condition. The computer needs about 100 miles of driving to gain enough information from the car to give a ready signal. By that time your mil light will more than likely be back on. I'd just get the MIL Eliminators and never worry about it again.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
You might be able to get a Benjamin off craigslist, but i don't think you'll get more than that for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts