Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 5 years my time is up. New Jersey is very weird when it comes to their inspection. My question is any one else take their car trough it yet?

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
How do they do it? Is it like a lottery?

For just $365 a year I'll let you register the car at my address in SC and since we don't have inspections, period, you won't have to go through them. lol

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
What? Lucky pricks. I need emmisions/safety every year. ****.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Well after 5 years my time is up. New Jersey is very weird when it comes to their inspection. My question is any one else take their car trough it yet?
Take it to a private shop. Sure you have to pay for it but it's a **** ton more relaxed. They just hook up an obd2 scanner to see if you have any codes and if your monitors are set

·
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do they do it? Is it like a lottery?

For just $365 a year I'll let you register the car at my address in SC and since we don't have inspections, period, you won't have to go through them. lol
We get 3 years from day of purchase. But if you purchase an extended warrantie (I took the 5 year one) they give you a new car extension. After that every 2 years you to go trough. If the car is model year later then 96 OBDII format. You just have to pass emssions ( witch is like a walk around then some times don't even smog your car)

Lmao must be nice man. A good friend of mine just went trough with his STI. Fully built motor with upgraded turbo and 4' down pipe and they passed him I hope I get lucky as well.

Take it to a private shop. Sure you have to pay for it but it's a **** ton more relaxed. They just hook up an obd2 scanner to see if you have any codes and if your monitors are set
Wish it was that easy. That was my first plan. Most shops won't even touch a modded car because for so many years there was the private shop lope hole. Throw some cash and you were good to go. If do know any one let me know lol

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
never heard of inspections. :shiftyeyes

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
We get 3 years from day of purchase. But if you purchase an extended warrantie (I took the 5 year one) they give you a new car extension. After that every 2 years you to go trough. If the car is model year later then 96 OBDII format. You just have to pass emssions ( witch is like a walk around then some times don't even smog your car)

Lmao must be nice man. A good friend of mine just went trough with his STI. Fully built motor with upgraded turbo and 4' down pipe and they passed him I hope I get lucky as well.

Wish it was that easy. That was my first plan. Most shops won't even touch a modded car because for so many years there was the private shop lope hole. Throw some cash and you were good to go. If do know any one let me know lol
Holy **** that's a HUGE downpipe.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts

I passed with a turbo and no cats. You'll be fine man. There's a shop right outside the base the passed my car, let me google the name

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

It's called toms service center in wrightstown

·
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I passed with a turbo and no cats. You'll be fine man. There's a shop right outside the base the passed my car, let me google the name

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

It's called toms service center in wrightstown
Thanks! I'm Going to look more into that shop.

·
Registered
686 Posts
My 11 passed in July 14,..... State inspection station.
Lt's, " green " catted X pipe.
I did have to put my stock wheels back on for the TPMS.
They no longer use a sniffer in the tail pipe.
As long as you have no warning lights, & everything is active when they plug into the computer, you'll pass.

·
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have LT's and an O/R pipe right? I think NY is the same as NJ with emissions so that's going to suck trying to pass emissions even with my green cats.
Yes sir. O/R X with LT's. And that little baby whipple.

My 11 passed in July 14,..... State inspection station.
Lt's, " green " catted X pipe.
I did have to put my stock wheels back on for the TPMS.
They no longer use a sniffer in the tail pipe.
As long as you have no warning lights, & everything is active when they plug into the computer, you'll pass.
Got you. My TPMS is on. I have all 4 sensors too. Just need them to be re installed on the rear and re programmed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts