Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not taking the emissions test but can i pass inspection with no cats on my car? i live in MO if that matters at all.

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
Not unless you have a shop that will pass you. They still do the visual inspection looking for them

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damnnnnnnn thanks though....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but I live in Northern VA and have a similar problem. My custom tune from bamachips has turned off my o2 sensors, causing me to fail emissions. I was thinking of putting the stock air intake back on and flashing back to the stock tune...will this work? Any help will be appreciated.

·
3,048 Posts
Not if you have an O/R mid pipe. They still look for the cats regardless if they do any other emissions tests

·
Registered
18 Posts
I actually have a catted h-pipe...I think my problem is the tune itself.

·
3,048 Posts
Then you should be fine. What part of NOVA are you in?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Manassas, or as I like to call it...Manassh*&e. Anyway, with stock intake and stock tune back on...how many miles should I drive it before I go back?

And you guys don't have emissions in the tidewater area?

·
3,048 Posts
I have no idea. I haven't had to do that. I've heard 200 to 250 miles. We have a visual inspection but thats it. But I have a local shop that'll pass me. I've only had my setup since August and I've already talked to them about it

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I actually have a catted h-pipe...I think my problem is the tune itself.
Just have Doug turn the rears back on if you have them and you shouldn't have any issues.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Who looks for cats???

I just tell them good luck getting my car on a lift or over a pit... I have never had problems because of cats... As long as when they plug innothing pops up (evap system, or O2 codes) they pass... Here in new York at least..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did ask Doug for a tune to turn the sensor's back on and he told me that he has been running into this problem with other people who need to pass emissions and that he really couldn't help me. It's a little bit of a hassle to put the stock intake and stock tune back on, but I think that's the only option for me at this point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did ask Doug for a tune to turn the sensor's back on and he told me that he has been running into this problem with other people who need to pass emissions and that he really couldn't help me. It's a little bit of a hassle to put the stock intake and stock tune back on, but I think that's the only option for me at this point.
He can't send you a tune with the rear O2s on? That seems odd.

I had that same issue here in Texas a few months ago with my O2s being turned off in the tune(not from Bambachips though). But I have the SF3 tuner so I had to switch to a SCT canned tune to pass the inspection. So every year I have to switch tunes before the inspection. I take it you don't have the SCT SF3?

·
Registered
18 Posts
He can't send you a tune with the rear O2s on? That seems odd.

I had that same issue here in Texas a few months ago with my O2s being turned off in the tune(not from Bambachips though). But I have the SF3 tuner so I had to switch to a SCT canned tune to pass the inspection. So every year I have to switch tunes before the inspection. I take it you don't have the SCT SF3?
I think I do have the same tuner as you (I'm at work, so I'm not 100% sure)...so it might be possible that I could use a canned tune (instead of back to the stock settings) and I wouldn't have to swap out my cold air intake for the stock one? That would be easier.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
the place i usually go to for inspection just look at the car, see its new and pass me lol. gotta love ******* owned shops

1 - 18 of 18 Posts