what?
why would they want to sell someone elses photos, thats greedy

·
I Handle Meat Entirely Way Too Much
8,744 Posts
i use it sometimes
not for photography lol
just random ****
they can sell a pic of a redbul can , they can sell the **** out of it all i care lol

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well in that case Redbull would be pissed off. However, if you had say family pictures up from Christmas, and someone wanted to purchase those for greeting cards, commercials, or any advertisement type things, your faces are in use and you reap nothing, nada, zero.

I'd get as far away from instagram as humanly possible. This is a really shitty shake up on their part.

·
Registered
327 Posts
worthless greedy company

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I know why.Because if emay's pics were on there, they would make gobs of cash. They are beautiful!!! lol

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
i have one. if they wanna sell pix of me idc lol. just gonna make me famous and its not like i was ever trying to get them recognized

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sik, the biggest beef (and it sounds like Instagram may change their tune on this now) is personal pics that are close to ones heart and minors. As a parent, no one will ever have the rights to use my child on any sort of advertising without my authorization. What if one had the last photograph with a grandparent or family member out there, you want to find that on some Walgreens print advertisement that they throw into commercials and such? I know I wouldn't.

On the extreme side of things, with the embedded exif data tied to files today, a savvy pedophile could potentially grab photos that have embedded in them the coordinates of where shots were taken (smart phones are heavy in this space now as are a majority of the GPS'd bodies on the market) Next thing you know, you got some sick mofo scouting your home and we all have fresh in memory what type of people are roaming this earth as evidenced by Sandy Hook events.

It's broader than even those items, so everyone think beyond yourself and your current situation, life changes, things that you may put up today are just a photo, tomorrow, next week, or years down the road they can become your last memories and very personal. You don't want people reaping benefits or causing problems because they paid pennies for it with FB/Instagram.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I won't go near that app. I hate all the 17 layers of sepia people put on their pics. It won't phase me.

Sadly, people won't read the policy changes and continue using it.

Then they'll bitch when their picture is being "used".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts