Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna buy one soon, just wondering if there was a somewhat easy spot to install the sending unit at? I had one on my '95 and put the sending unit in the pan but I dont want to have to drop my pan again to put this in unless i have to. you guys got any tricks?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
The best option really is to tap the pan or weld a bung with the appropriate sized threads onto the pan.

My personal opinion, take the money you would have spent on a trans temp gauge and everything for the install and use it to buy a deep sump aluminum pan and a trans cooler.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have a good size trans cooler running in line with the stock one. I guess i'm just a little paranoid about the temp lol.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I already have a good size trans cooler running in line with the stock one. I guess i'm just a little paranoid about the temp lol.
A deep sump aluminum pan is going to drop the temps a bit more too by adding fluid volume and better heat dissipation. If you are paranoid about the temp, then doing things to make your trans run cooler is the name of the game. AM sells a trans pan for like $110 with our discount.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
has anyone tried hooking the sender into the pressure test fitting? not sure if that'd work or not. I may just buy the deep pan then tap that for the sending unit so i'd be totally set.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
You can run the sending unit into one of the fittings in the side of the case, but I'd rather have a temp reading based off the fluid in the pan. Btw, the PCM monitors trans temp as well.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
nothing to worry about with temps in these trannys, once in o/d with the converter locked they don't get hot.

I agree with Will, spend the money on a pan.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
who makes a good pan?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
thanks sir

1 - 10 of 10 Posts