Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as I have said I am installing my intercooler and all the piping Friday a.m. I ordered 150 bucks worth of misc items monday and I am just waiting for my siliconintakes order to come in. I am taking the bumper, wheels, and water skirts off to help with room of course. I know I need to take the power steering lines apart. What was the requirement for that again to extend them? Are the any more tips or hints?! I am HOPING all goes well and I can get done within 4 or so hours haha I got 6 bolts, 12 washers and 6 locking nuts from procharger. Do I only use 4 of them? I couldn't find where the other 2 would go... Also does anyone have a picture of where the L bracket or how it attaches to the hood lock? They guy at Procharger said the mounting bracket on the passenger side wasn't needed, is this true? He said it just holds the pipe from shaking.

Sorry for the long read!

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
you will see how it all goes. Real easy if all your doing is installing the piping. I would go check out the car for ya but farrah is at school with the car. and on the power steering lines. You will just need some hose to extend them and some clamps. They just bring them further forward due to them mounting to the intercooler.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok. Well my Dad doesn't really want me to Friday now b/c I picked up an extra shift at work. So I may wait till I can mount the blower and do the fuel system but either way I need hints and some help! how is the tubing I need for the lines?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
just get down and look underneather the driver side where the power steering lines come from the front and make a turn to go back towards the driver seat. Look at it and you'll see where you will need to add some length to bring them further forward and there ya go.

Underneath driver headlight almost.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
prolly a guess here but 3/8" tubing maybe 1/4" you'll just have to look down there. LOL.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
hey when you get all your **** up an running. Let me know how you like the 4:10's and the Supercharger combo.
I like mine alot, so fun but sometimes suck when you have to stop at like 115 at the end of 4th gear and 5th gear isnt worth using

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
I dont even use first lol, spins horrible and ya you cant even shift that thing cause when it hits 4000 it goes straight to 6500 cause the boost haha its sick though, stab it in 2nd and 3rd and she breaks loose, im putting my drag radials on this week though permanent. and na im happy with the 4.10s, at the track they max out perfect with my 25.8 inch tire, Boosting threw the traps perfectly. That was with 370/380 rear wheel, Car made 436 today at 5900 rpm so i dont know yet lol, Going to get a taller tire, Baker is at 427 and is thinking about trading his 3.73s out for 4.10s, I like em, wish i could do like 150mph passes though but its kind of stupid that fast. One thing ****s up and your dead

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I dont even use first lol, spins horrible and ya you cant even shift that thing cause when it hits 4000 it goes straight to 6500 cause the boost haha its sick though, stab it in 2nd and 3rd and she breaks loose, im putting my drag radials on this week though permanent. and na im happy with the 4.10s, at the track they max out perfect with my 25.8 inch tire, Boosting threw the traps perfectly. That was with 370/380 rear wheel, Car made 436 today at 5900 rpm so i dont know yet lol, Going to get a taller tire, Baker is at 427 and is thinking about trading his 3.73s out for 4.10s, I like em, wish i could do like 150mph passes though but its kind of stupid that fast. One thing ****s up and your dead
ok yeah, let me know when you get the radials on. I think it would be fun as well spinning through 1st, and 2nd but im sure after a month of that it would get old and I would be desperate for traction.

yeah man I will. but I am auto but a stall though
yeah for sure, thanks

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
welcome..dont worry I will be putting A lOT of vids up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.