Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be purchasing gears and a tuner when I get my tax return (4.30s or 4.10s, I haven'e decided yet). Any know of any places in the North eastern part of CO (Denver area) that can install gears for cheap and done well. I want the best price I can get but I will be willing to pay a slight premium if for the reassurance of a good install.

·
Registered
20 Posts
definetly go to an expert on gears, u need to set a good backlash, and preload on the ring and pinion, if u mess that up u can have a lot of problems, especially backlash.... coming from the differential backlash into the transmission is definetly not a great thing... do 4.10's!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
dude ive been waiting for this day since i left DL stangs in CO happy with my 4.10's. not even a year later my rearend smashed on me, I swear i babied that car like it was a ferrari or something. they did the worst job ever. I know you want to know WHERE to go but def DONT go to DL Stangs. they're in the colorado springs area.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
also +1 with bogdans01gt.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude ive been waiting for this day since i left DL stangs in CO happy with my 4.10's. not even a year later my rearend smashed on me, I swear i babied that car like it was a ferrari or something. they did the worst job ever. I know you want to know WHERE to go but def DONT go to DL Stangs. they're in the colorado springs area.
Thanks for the forewarning. FYI, Finish Line in the Denver area is HORRIBLE!!! Just ask Gunny, he can give you a novel that you can read about the trouble he had with them.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Colorado Mustang Concepts did my install.

I have no problems. 650 including the gears and 120 install kit

if you bring Sean the parts its 250 for install.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
parts meaning gears and bearing kit?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
yep

they get their parts from their sister company. Its Colorado Mustangs. And they are a little on the expensive side. I could have probably saved up to 100 bucks if I had brought the parts. They only use the best if you buy from them though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts