Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have upper and lower control arms on the way and was wondering how you who have installed them did it? I hijacked another thread about this and Grabber told me that I would not be a good idea to try doing it on jack stands... I am thinking I might take it to a shop. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
back the car up on ramps....and do it that way

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
you need to support the body if you ask me.. a 2 post lift would be ideal...

·
Registered
662 Posts
I did my lower ones with a floor jack and jack stands. It's doable but it is a pain in the ass. The upper one will be almost impossible without a lift, I used my neighbors (he has a garage with a 10000lbs lift:)) and it still was a pain in the ass to do.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did my adj uca on jack stands mounted under the frame. You have to let the rear axle sag down or you cant get to the uca. It is a big pain!!! You have to drop the fuel tank to get the uca mount out. Dropping the tank is the easiest part its just two bolts. You will need some good air tools to break the factory thread lock loose. It took me about 8 hours to do the job but im not the best mechanic in town. Im sure somebody could do it in 3 or 4 hours. I still havent got my pinion angle adjusted yet. I needed a break after the install.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
hell I let the shop do this one.. they had it done in 15 minutes :lol

than again it WAS a mustang specific shop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts