Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i called several shops about installation of a new lsd and gears by ford racing with myself supplying the goods, i got varying quotes from differnt shops. do these quotes look like a good price? how long dose it ushally take for installation?

shop a 500 @ 75/h = 6 2/3hours
shop b 350 @ 80/h = 4 1/3hours
shop c 300 @ 90/h = 3 1/3hours

and how much proformance increese will i get out of this on my 2002 auto v6 with a new cai and exhuast (0-60 and 1/4 mile would be helpful ballparks)

thxs

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i can change the airfilter and wash my cash thats about it lol, im gonna leave it to a shop i think

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
It's easy if you know how to do it already... I would leave that to someone who knows exactly what they are doing.

You wont see a HP gain from tlok and gear, but you will see better acceleration.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
What the gears will allow you to do is to reach higher rpms sooner where you make your power. They do a lot as far as performance. And as said above if you know what you are doing they are not to difficult to do, they do take a lot of patience and time to get them done correctly. As far as the time goes i would say that a shop rate time would be about 4 hours, it depends on if you are putting new bearings in. If you are putting new bearings in i would say probably around 6. You do not need bearings unless you have over 40k miles or so.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I paid 150 for the install.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i paid 250 for mine, and it took the guy about 4.5 hours to do it....but i replaced everything in there cuz i have about 50k on mine so i just replaced all the bearings and everything. you will love the feel of them gears though.............you will def get that "O" face!! :D

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I was also quoted 250.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
i paid 250 for mine, and it took the guy about 4.5 hours to do it....but i replaced everything in there cuz i have about 50k on mine so i just replaced all the bearings and everything. you will love the feel of them gears though.............you will def get that "O" face!! :D

Oh yeah the acceleration is awesome...unless you have crappy 205 tires on. I think the traction loss negated like half the performance lol.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Oh yeah the acceleration is awesome...unless you have crappy 205 tires on. I think the traction loss negated like half the performance lol.
throw you some fatties on there like i did!! :D
PURE SEX..........to me anyways

1 - 11 of 11 Posts