Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of you guys have t-lock and gears in your 7.5". How much did the shops charge you for installation if you bring them the t-lock unit, installation kit and gears?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok, cause for parts I'm looking at $438. Wanted to get some input on how much they are gonna try and pop me with for the install.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
if you get the gear lube, bearing kit, and friction modifier about 2-250 if they have to supply those things 350-400

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yup no problem

·
Registered
150 Posts
Install it yourself. Setting up a rear end is a lot easier then most people think.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Install it yourself. Setting up a rear end is a lot easier then most people think.
with the correct tools yes, but if you dont have the correct equipment one false move can ruin your rearend, most of the guys in the v6 section are younger than 20 and have little to no car experience, a rearend would be way over their heads

·
Registered
760 Posts
I had mine installed by a freind of the family for free but a local shop gave me a qutoe of $320.. DO NOT TRY TO DO IT ON YOUR OWN unless you know what your doing

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
I know alot of you guys have t-lock and gears in your 7.5". How much did the shops charge you for installation if you bring them the t-lock unit, installation kit and gears?
200 and they supplied the gear oil and friction modifier. set up in augusta by Turner Automotive (or w/e Mr Turner's) shop is called. my uncle hangs out with him at Carolina Dragway every Thurs and Sat. good deal, great work...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah Chris that sounds awesome! maybe one weekend we are both in town you can ride with me over there. I really want to do gears next!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Mike Johnson fixed the shops F*** up. too many shims on the pinion gear causing some serious whine on the coast side, and showed me how to do my gears correctly, and we are both under 20. no task is undoable with the right ambition

Reactions: 8t6gt
1 - 14 of 14 Posts