Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed 42lb injectors today and I went and got my tuner to program the computer. The tuner only offers 24 and 30lb no higher than that. Can I drive my car with them? I have started her up yet. =/

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
You can try setting them to 30 lb/h with the tuner, however it will run quite rich in closed-loop mode and throw a couple or more "fuel trim at limit" DTCs. In open-loop it will run pig-rich so avoid OL operation if you drive it.

The best thing would be to re-install the "old" injectors, and not use the 42 lb/h units until you can get the tune setup for them...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can try setting them to 30 lb/h with the tuner, however it will run quite rich in closed-loop mode and throw a couple or more "fuel trim at limit" DTCs. In open-loop it will run pig-rich so avoid OL operation if you drive it.

The best thing would be to re-install the "old" injectors, and not use the 42 lb/h units until you can get the tune setup for them...
Well my stockers were burning extra fuel. no matter how lean I set it too it smelled rich. I have no cats...not sure if that makes a difference. I just drove around with the 42lbs throttle feels much nicer also when I toke out the stockers the brown seals were cracked and one of missing it too. the old injectors have 122k on them so I think the towl has been thrown a while back.the new 42# are set at 30# don't have another chose. Im installed my vortech kit real soon tho. maybe in jan hopefully. I have almost the full kit anyway.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Then I guess there is no problem...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts