Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Any pictures with the shaved hood on it?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
what kind of power are you making?

People always seem to push off this install because it doesn't make big power, but can we honestly put big power to the ground on the street or road racing? Thats why this swap has always intrigued me...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of power are you making?

People always seem to push off this install because it doesn't make big power, but can we honestly put big power to the ground on the street or road racing? Thats why this swap has always intrigued me...
389 hp 421 ft-lbs Tq

On a VERY Safe street tune.

We could've made more, but I didn't want to push it.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Not yet... We're still finishing up that hood.

Man what a ProCesS that has turned out to be!! :mad:
Oh I know...I knew a guy that shaved EVERYTHING...Bumper, fenders, side scoops, hood scoops and all...He had hundreds of hours in body work...

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Saw this over on 3.7. Looking good :rockon

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
:rockon:usa:rockon:usa:rockon:usa:rockon:usa:rockon:usa:rockon:usa

The thing is sick dude! Soooooo clean. Everything about it is top notch. Reps sir:cool:

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
What intrigued you to go with the Eaton in the first place? I see in the thread you linked to that you would go KB if you had to do it over again.

EDIT: BTW this pic is gorgeous

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
honestly i like the swap you did. not so much with the eaton, but you build the motor your set with the best setup for a big twin screw. also being 8 rib you will have very minimal belt slip turning a large sc.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i just love the looks of a eaton on top of a 2v

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What intrigued you to go with the Eaton in the first place? I see in the thread you linked to that you would go KB if you had to do it over again.

EDIT: BTW this pic is gorgeous

Thanks!

To answer your question in regards to "Eaton in the 1st place?" The answer is this: Money. I had it in my head that I could complete this build for pennies and Boy was I WRONG.

A lot of folks, including myself, will find a clean, used Eaton for sale and scoop it up for a couple hundred bucks. Once you have that blower in your hands, you think "Now all I need is a couple parts to make it work!" :) Well, when it comes to this build, that blower is one of the cheapest pieces of the puzzle that you will buy.

Then comes all the over stuff... Before I knew it I was 4 Grand deep in this build and it was really too late to turn back. I ended up with all these parts and just kept going. Before I knew it I was upside down and WAY over budget.

Now that the car is finished, it is an absolute blast. I'm just trying to "forget" about all the money I spent. I spent way to much for what I ended up with. Thats why I say I shoulda just bought the Kenne Bell. Less money, less head ache.

All of this is the main reason I made the parts & price list. I know there's a lot of guys out there thinking about this build, and I want them to be Crystal Clear what they may get themselves in to.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
just think your a built motor and 4K away from owning one of these

and making tons of power!

oh yeah lots of fuel upgrades as well

1 - 20 of 49 Posts