Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I installed sequentials just now (Splice in) and im having problems. The left and right side are wired the same, and the right signal will work, but the left wont. When activated, the left acts as hazards, and daytime running lights and the speedometer flash. The whole right side of the speedometer flashes like the taillight would without sequencers. When I have the left signal on, and I turn the headlights on it no longer even blinks. Whats going on? I have school tomorrow and really need a car to drive. Called american muscle and the rep said he couldnt help unless it was a dud and even then unless I have a shop look at it they wont take it as a return. Any help appreciated! Will post video in a few minutes

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
White wire wasnt plugged in all the way causing all lights to blink. Plugged it all the way in and made sure all black wires were conected and turned it on. Outer 2 lights blink but appear to not have sequence. The farthest in doesn't come on period. And it'll flash the outer 2 lights 12 times really bright, and then the inner is the only one lit for the next 12 flashes and is really dim. What is going on?

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Hey all, I installed sequentials just now (Splice in) and im having problems. The left and right side are wired the same, and the right signal will work, but the left wont. When activated, the left acts as hazards, and daytime running lights and the speedometer flash. The whole right side of the speedometer flashes like the taillight would without sequencers. When I have the left signal on, and I turn the headlights on it no longer even blinks. Whats going on? I have school tomorrow and really need a car to drive. Called american muscle and the rep said he couldnt help unless it was a dud and even then unless I have a shop look at it they wont take it as a return. Any help appreciated! Will post video in a few minutes

Thanks,
Justin
White wire wasnt plugged in all the way causing all lights to blink. Plugged it all the way in and made sure all black wires were conected and turned it on. Outer 2 lights blink but appear to not have sequence. The farthest in doesn't come on period. And it'll flash the outer 2 lights 12 times really bright, and then the inner is the only one lit for the next 12 flashes and is really dim. What is going on?
LoveTheBlue,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your Sequential Taillights. We're in a pretty tough place here when it comes to the Return, based on the fact that their Splice in. I'm not saying you don't know how to do it, but the install on them can be pretty tricky. We usually require a shop report, just to double check!

Let me see what I can do for you. Shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll have my best CS Manager contact you directly!

-Dan

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Dan, contacted a worker there again today. While I was on hold I had dad switch relays because the right side worked. Both relays worked so I told the member about it and apologized. Got some friends together and checked all currents and such. A few hours later we figured out the wrong green wire was spliced into because there was two and on the right side I just happened to connect the wrong one so there was no power to the bulb. Sorry for the hassle, you all always help when in need :) I only buy my car parts from you all because I know it will fit correct and function nice. Once again sorry for the hassle and thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Hey Dan, contacted a worker there again today. While I was on hold I had dad switch relays because the right side worked. Both relays worked so I told the member about it and apologized. Got some friends together and checked all currents and such. A few hours later we figured out the wrong green wire was spliced into because there was two and on the right side I just happened to connect the wrong one so there was no power to the bulb. Sorry for the hassle, you all always help when in need :) I only buy my car parts from you all because I know it will fit correct and function nice. Once again sorry for the hassle and thanks for the help
LoveTheBlue,

I'm glad to hear that you got everything figured out! Those Splice-in lights can be so tricky.

Thanks for your business and loyalty! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the future.

-Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts