Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) New Serpentine Belt - Didn't realize how badly it needed replacing until I got the old one off. :eek: There were tiny cracks about every inch and a half or so all the way around.

2.) New Cold Air Intake Kit -

Got this kit off of American Muscle for $70. Definitely increased throttle response, and an even more chambered and deeper sound to my already chambered magnaflows. hahaha. However, gains without a tune are little to none, so I'll need to look to get a tuner soon. Install was fairly easy though! Only took me about 40 minutes, and I'm very happy with it thus far. Don't shell out the money for a BBK intake, this one works just as well for about half the money.

3.) And unfortunately ladies and gentlemen...I am no longer a part of the wingless club. HOWEVER, it is only temporary. I just couldn't bare to look at the paint imperfections any longer, so I put the spoiler back on. BUT, as soon as I have a full day to clay bar and really polish that sucker, the spoiler is going back off!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Looks good man. Never waste any of your money on BBK products lol.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! It's honestly really good quality! I was impressed with just about everything in the kit.

As far as performance goes, like I said above, I've definitely noticed improved throttle response, and my exhaust note is noticeably deeper (...on an already chambered magnaflow exhaust. hahaha. My pipes are a bit of a subwoofer now at idle). With a tune you could definitely see about 15-20 or so added rwhp with this kit, without a tune...like I am right now...maybe 2-3 gained (?). The gains are minimal, but I can feel the engine breathing better and honestly...that's what matters to me until I can get a tuner for it. I am really happy with the kit. When I was working in the car business I came across tons of 99-04's with CAI kits of all kinds. Truth be told, this is just as good as many of the other intake kits out there for about half the money. :)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Bang for the buck, CAI/RAI is the way to go. Our cars come from the factory pretty smothered down. Glad you like it, it looks great under there too.
I am willing to bet you got more than a 2-3hp gain, even without a tune!

·
Registered
249 Posts
After reading this, I went to AM to buy one, but I can't see if it's 50 state smog legal, and I'm in California, anyone know if it is? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice to see someone else likes a clean engine bay. Idk why, but I hate when mines dirty lol.
Thanks dude! During show season, my bay is clean enough to eat off of usually. This is actually considered only semi clean for me. Hahaha. When I have time I typically remove the throttle body, plenum, upper intake, etc and deep clean everything. But I know how you feel. I can't stand a dirty bay, it's almost as bad as a dirty car to me.
Bang for the buck, CAI/RAI is the way to go. Our cars come from the factory pretty smothered down. Glad you like it, it looks great under there too.
I am willing to bet you got more than a 2-3hp gain, even without a tune!
Yeah, our cars are tuned really conservatively from the factory! And I hope your right about the gains, I just doubt it would be any more than 5 or so rwhp without a proper tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts