Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my steeda adj. UCA yesterday. All I have to say is that it was a royal pain in the ass. I did the entire install on jackstands in my garage and it was NOT fun. I'd rather hump a piece of splintered balsa wood then install another one. Adjusting the pinion angle was another matter. I grabbed a magnetic angle finder from home depot for 10 bucks. Problem is that its difficult to get it square on the little lip of the pinion flange. Also, never did find out the correct places to take measurements for a one piece driveshaft setup. Three different installs said three different things. I think I ended up with about -2 degrees pinion angle, but my measurements were far from precise....
With all that being said, the good news is that it drastically decreased the vibrations I was getting from the driveshaft. Even though I havent added LCA's yet, the rear of the car feels more solid and stable.

If you're gonna do this install yourself, try to have a lift, an impact wrench, and several extensions for your sockets. Peace be with you.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Installed my steeda adj. UCA yesterday. All I have to say is that it was a royal pain in the ass. I did the entire install on jackstands in my garage and it was NOT fun. I'd rather hump a piece of splintered balsa wood then install another one. Adjusting the pinion angle was another matter. I grabbed a magnetic angle finder from home depot for 10 bucks. Problem is that its difficult to get it square on the little lip of the pinion flange. Also, never did find out the correct places to take measurements for a one piece driveshaft setup. Three different installs said three different things. I think I ended up with about -2 degrees pinion angle, but my measurements were far from precise....
With all that being said, the good news is that it drastically decreased the vibrations I was getting from the driveshaft. Even though I havent added LCA's yet, the rear of the car feels more solid and stable.

If you're gonna do this install yourself, try to have a lift, an impact wrench, and several extensions for your sockets. Peace be with you.
Hello, you take the reading at the rear of the driveshaft where it bolts to the pinion. Give me a call and i can step you thru the procedure for the pinion angle setup. Its easier to explain over the phone. I am in the office until 5:30pm est mon-fri. Thanks Dennis 813-986-9302.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...will do.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Do you have adjustable LCA's also? What lowering springs do you have?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stock LCAs for now. Thats my next investment. I have the steeda sport springs and dspecs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts