Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a few pics. Got a few bubbles but took a very small needle to them and popped em out. Sorry I cant write much, I have school tomorrow

Heres The taillights with left tinted and right not showing difference in visibility

Heres both tinted-the completed project

How do yall like it? May change bumper insert letters to stainless, I think I have too much black now and its looking gaudy.

Install took me approx 30 mins for all of the lights together. Third brake light was hardest to do. I used a heat gun and it was a breeze to install. If I did it again and had a time limit of 5 mins, I think I could do it- it was that simple.
Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
715 Posts
Looks good! AM is expensive, check out subject9 next time.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I was thinking of orderin these aswell but after seein this they seem too dark i want something thats just a little tinted but could not find any.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are a lot darker than I imagined, but light shines through fine since its a tint. They didnt exactly fit on each panel which depressed me a little. They were all small by prob 1/4-1/8 inch all around but it isnt noticeable. And Harbor Frieght sells heat guns for $13. Makes installation a breeze!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got pulled by a state trooper for them yesterday and told him I could pull them off. No ticket and no written warning, but I still think he was wrong about it being illegal. Oh well, didnt want to argue and risk getting the ticket. Plus, if he wanted to he could have gotten me for aftermarket exhaust, possibly too low, and my friend and I had 4 guns with one in his lap and we are under 18 (We were going shooting). I was the idiot that pulled out infront of him of the highway *DURR* haha heres what VA code reads
" § 46.2-1013. Tail lights.

Every motor vehicle and every trailer or semitrailer being drawn at the end of one or more other vehicles shall carry at the rear two red lights plainly visible in clear weather from a distance of 500 feet to the rear of such vehicle. Such tail lights shall be constructed and so mounted in their relation to the rear license plate as to illuminate the license plate with a white light so that the same may be read from a distance of 50 feet to the rear of such vehicle. Alternatively, a separate white light shall be so mounted as to illuminate the rear license plate from a distance of 50 feet to the rear of such vehicle. Any such tail lights or special white light shall be of a type approved by the Superintendent. "
What do you think? Should I order more? I loved them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts