Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm getting a 7" double din screen... And wanna know the best wiring harness for it and the kit so I can use my stock amplified system...I can seem to find it on ebay...and do I need to buy the lil plastic shroud for the install

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
some dont but yours does... trust me. Some are ISO mount meaning that you can use the supplied factory bracket. If you were to do that with yours you will be left with space around the radio in which the double din dash kit fills those spots in

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aight thanks... and that 21 dollar adapter is that just for the amplified system? like i still have to buy the adapter for the stereo and that right?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
correct... it connects to the harness that comes with the head unit that you purchase. Only thing that you need to buy is that dash kit and harness

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn thats turning out expensive on its own lmao 16 for the plstic 21 for the amp hook the prolly 10 more for the damn harness for the radio... i know your a wiring guru so is there and easier cheaper way? lol

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
that is actually the easiest way to do it if you want to integrate the amps. Is the radio you are getting coming without the harness that plugs into the back of it?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea its brand new... does the kit you showed me adapt everything or just the intergratd amps? thats what i was trying to ask just couldnt figure out how to word still dont think i worded it well

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
alright, then all you will need is those 2 parts mentioned and that is it. The harness will integrate everything for you to allow a "plug N play" installation. you will just need to connect all the color wires to the same colored wires on the harness that come with the radio then plug the RCA's into the subwoofer output on the back of the radio and you are set to go.

Reactions: 02gtmustang

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so I have the screen in and all hooked up and its working but sometimes when I have it turned down I hear it pop...like ill go to drive off and when I begin to press the gass it pop's I let off and it'll idle then when it goes to drop down to the set idle speed it pops again...buuut... I didn't hook up the amp ground at the dash on the amp intergration wiring..there's a few things left unhooked..just did what I needed to make it work... Didn't come with instructions

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
those black/white wires you are referring to need to be grounded. you can tie them into the black primary ground wires or you can take them directly to a ground source... its up to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.