Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to do an aftermarket amp system and keeping the factory navi unit in my 2011. Is there any harness out yet that will allow me to do so or will I be splicing wires, using a Line output converter or something? Anyone got any setups or install pics you want to share?

Im looking to get either a Alpine PDX-5 or a Kicker ZX700.5 amps. both 5 channel to power the four interior speakers and a 12'. The door subs will be powered by stock amps, but might change it to an Alpine PDX 4.100, bridged into 2x200 or a Kicker ZX350.4 Bridged to 175x2. My door subs are the Shelby Kicker subs, and I looked them up. They are CVt 8' with 2ohm loan, 200rms and 400max.

I used a Kicker ZX700.5 before in my S2000 and LOVED it. Also heard so many good reviews about the alpine pdx series, that I would love to try it.

My 6x8s are Pioneer TS-D6802R. Sound different than stock and sound like they are begging for an amp to power them.

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the kicker door subs sound somewhat nicer/different than the stock ones, but for some reason I feel that they are being underpowered by the factory amp even though the shelby/kicker subs are supposed to be a direct replacement. It sounds like there is less ghetto rap bass than before but now it goes more with the music and tighter.

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found what I was looking for :) there is only one out my Pac, part number is AOEM-frd24.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts