Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, knew to this site. i just got my first mustang, its a 1992 gt. i just bought a used cold air intake. i went to install and noticed that the large crome end will not go into my fender wall. is there sopposed to be plastic snorkle like thing in there? or should i remove that part inside the fender well? not sure if i got the right CAI or i am not installing correctly? please help thank you

·
Registered
229 Posts
........huh?!
Is it a fender or engine mount CAI?!
If you use the fender mount you must remove the air box.

pics would help

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it is the fender mount kind. i removed everything, except inside the fender there is a black tub/ snorkel going inside the fender well. so the end that the filter goes on will not fit in the hole.

·
Newblet
720 Posts
You must get under the car and look inside the passenger fender...that is the stock air silencer that you are talking about.
Here is a pic of someone taking it out of their car and it shows exactly where it is in the fender

Here is what your CAI should look like after installed

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
rip that snorkel thing out from under the fender, it's the stock air silencer and has been proven on a totally stock car to rob 3whp. with that removed your cai should fit up like shown above

·
Registered
229 Posts
mine?! Its all smoke and mirrors dude.
nah i dunno........maybe because it dosent work?! I dunno it came like that.
Did you try degreaser? It should do the trick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts