Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mac h-pipe and catback showed up yesterday, MIL eliminators are arriving today, and the Mac shorties haven't been shippped yet. I have three questions though:
- How did everyone get the EGR tube off of the passenger manifold?
- And the cat-back came with four bent metal rods (hangers?), but I only see a spot for two of them on the tips. Is one of them a bit bigger so it will fit under the v6 bumper? if not how did everyone else get it to fit?
- Lastly, the way the pipes end in two different curved shapes that fit into each other, do I need to put something there to stop them from leaking? or just bolt it together fairly tight?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You should have one hanger on each tip, and one hanger on each muffler. That = 4 hangers. You can just bolt the pipes together, but I would highly recommend welding them together as well.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
You should have one hanger on each tip, and one hanger on each muffler. That = 4 hangers. You can just bolt the pipes together, but I would highly recommend welding them together as well.
no need to weld them if it a ball and socket type desing

the egr tube is a bitch, because there isent much room, u will want to have the mid pipe off when u do it to help. and unblot it up top by the intake maifold and leve it atached to the header ass u take it out if u can.

i did my whole exhause as a bot on to and did it my self on jack stands so if u have spisific questions feel free to ask.

and i can try and take pics of my hanger set up this weekend if u want.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are already two hangers welded on to the mufflers, and they supplied with four (two different types) for the tips. They are almost exactly the same, but not quite, so I guess I will just pick one once I get under the car.

Thanks whitemustang, I'll do what you did with the EGR, I've had it disconnected by the intake manifold before, but could never figure out how to get it off of the manifold, so I'll just take the whole thing like you I guess. And yes it's ball and socket style so I should be fine for the joints.

My last question is how to get it to fit under the rear bumper, will it just go under the v6 bumper? or is there some customizing to get it to fit?

Sorry if I'm asking so many dumb questions, I just want to be able to get it done as fast as possible once I start because the daily high temperature here is -10 right now, so minimizing my time outside would be good; plus I need to have my car back up and running the same day I start.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
Cresent wrench... and some time... try to zip tie lose hoses off to the side so you have more room... i ended up having to zip tie some odd vacuum lines to the side to have enough room for mine...

and for your rear bumper question... you might need some longer hangers... they aren't that much longer though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts