Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently ordered my full lengths from blueoval, and will hopefully have them installed friday at a local shop. Besides making sure it is done on a drive-up lift is there anything else that I need to make sure of, as I will be with him as he is welding them up?

BTW I have heard of some fitment issues(the connectors not sitting flush with the subframe on one side??). If I have issues with fitment what should we do to get them on? Someone said if I have this problem just jack the connector up until it is flush with the subframe and weld it. Would that throw anything off. Hopefully everything will fit fine as it probably will, but I just want to make sure if there is any problems I know what to do....

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Did you get a matching mid-pipe to go with them? Unless you already have longtubes on there, your mid-pipe will be different.

Edit... I'm an idiot and should read the topic first... haha I saw full lengths and immediately assumed headers.. completely disregard what I've said

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Did you get a matching mid-pipe to go with them? Unless you already have longtubes on there, your mid-pipe will be different.

Edit... I'm an idiot and should read the topic first... haha I saw full lengths and immediately assumed headers.. completely disregard what I've said
next time you have a moment like this.....consider the BACK button in the top left before leaving the comment......lol jk

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
I got Competition Engeneering ones and they fit so great.

But you need to just hold them up and weld them on. There is nothing to it

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kinda weird you said that as I was wondering the EXACT same thing today because I am planning on switching from my shorties to a real header and was wondering if there was anyway I can fashion my old O/R H to fit:eek:!!!!! But I figured its easier to just get a shorty mid-pipe...

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Your stock headers are already unequal lengty shortys. They are actually made by mac, for ford. If you get different shortys you can re-use the same midpipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts