Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new lca adjustable brackets the other day, big thanks to kelly at bmr! Anyway the question is my rear is perfectly centered now with a aftermarket pan hard. Will installing the brackets cause need to re adjust the panhard? Or do I just bolt them in and be done with it? Thanks guys

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
No need to adjust the panhard bar because you aren't changing the ride height.

Little trick though. When you install the upper bolts to the bracket do not torque them down until you have the LCA in position and the lower bolt in position. If you torque the upper bolt to spec before that, it squeezes the bracket tight and you will have a hard time positioning the arm. I reposition my LCA's twice a year and the first couple of times I was using a pry bar and dead blow to move the arm from one hole to the other. It wasn't until this year I figured out that loosening the upper bracket bolt would relieve the pressure on the arm and bearing. With the upper bolt loose I can reposition the arm by hand. Can't believe all the cussing and swearing I subjected my Jessica to for just not being smart about it.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol^ I know we learn on every job don't we ? Thanks for the info Ed,reps. I'm dropped with the eaibach pro kit someone suggested the middle hole does that sound correct?

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
When I had my ProKit springs in I was running them in the bottom hole. It was a lot of angle but I liked the harder hit. I have stock springs in my car right now and am running them in the upper hole. I don't think I have a middle hole, how many different positions do you have on those brackets?

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
I have the old model (5 yrs ago) and only have two holes. As long as they are at least level with the ground or angles slightly down, you should be OK. If you still have a hard time planting or with wheel hop, just move them down one hole. Just remember to loosen the upper bolt when you do. Lol

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I'm dropped 1.25/1.5 and was suggested to use the bottom hole for best traction. Middle hole to correct the angle and be close to stock. Top hole if it's stock height....at least that's what I was told.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I guess I'll try them on the middle hole seems like that's the one. I hook up great now I pretty much grabbed these to fix the angle. Then it's on the Uca and the mount.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
I'm buying an upper mount here soon. I've had the arm for quite a while but never swapped the chassis mount. Rear end is going to be off the car so I figured I would just get it done.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
It's a good idea to have the suspension loaded when you torque the control arm bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts