Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of solid motor mounts i want to install but was wondering if ill have any issues with my MAC lt's getting in the way? i was planning to just jack up the engine with a wooden block.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I didn't have any problems with mine, other than we had to remove either the starter or the A/C compressor, so we went with the A/C compressor since it was the easiest to unbolt. We just unbolted the A/C Compressor and disconnected the wiring from the compressor and pushed it towards the front of the car so we could slide the old motormount out and the new one in place.

We did jack the front of the engine block with a piece of 2x4 board placed under the oil pan lip.

Biggest PITA I had was the ground strap nuts didn't want to come loose. The stud kept wanting to turn, so we cut the ground wires and installed new ones along with new studs and nuts.

Also had to remove the oil filter, so buy a new filter.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems like alot of work. i thought all i had to do was unbolt the engine, jack it up and swap em out. :eek:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Solid Motor mounts. May I ask why? You are going to hate life with solid motor mounts in a daily driven car.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Solid Motor mounts. May I ask why? You are going to hate life with solid motor mounts in a daily driven car.
YOU may not like them, but i love cars that shake and vibrate like a race car. makes me feel like im part of the car.

·
Registered
538 Posts
To each their own. Just alot on a DD is all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts