Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im taking the stang to the track, next week,i just recently got the professional products intake manifold. I know it wont do much without cams,long tubes,or heads, but would it be worth it to install it, before i hit up the track? Or should i just wait till this winter to install it with my cams? thanks

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
how much was it? and i wonder what kinda gains i would see with my mods. I havent even looked into intakes as i heard our stock ones were plenty good. I would throw it on there now. Why not?

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
you're still gonna pick a good hp gain without cams. i'd slap the it on there, i mean why not?!

im jealous of you tho, i cant stand that peice of **** plastic manifold.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
i swear to god baker..
saying exactly wat i said at the exact same time isnt funny at all man....

not kool :-|

hahah jk homie

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i know i would throw it on there right now. forget waiting for cams. Its def. not going to hurt anything.
And obviously it wasnt at the same time, I was 1st! :tomato

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
and that thing will look sick under the hood xD

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahahah, hell yah, well its going on then, i think i paid 500 new for it, also deleting the a/c. clean up the engine bay a little. i get my car back from the shop tomorrow, just got a tune, 4:10's and sub frames installed wonder how big of a difference i will feel can't wait. I hate that plastic ugly POS.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
keep us updated man. Im really wondering how this intake would do with a blower application.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
holy damn 4:10s, tune,subframes AND IM?!

ur gonna have to change ur name bro thats all i gotta say ha

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
keep us updated man. Im really wondering how this intake would do with a blower application.
Iv'e read with a blower application, you really see some nice gains. I know when the manifold came out like 5 years ago it wasn't great. but it's been improved a lot. When i was at the shop they were installing one on a 5 liter stroker 2v, manifold looks really nice

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
^ u being for real pitbul?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
hmmm... i might do some research on it.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
yes im for real! hell mustangs bone stock r fast cars come on :D

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
ok... just being sure. LOL.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
i hope they fit, because on the 28th im going to the track, with my new tune,cams,valve springs, 4;10/girdle. see if i can maybe hit a 12.6

Thought you already had cams in???

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i just want to hit a 12.9 on street tires. lol, i might change the front tires with some drag stars. but i don't have slicks, there to big and rub :(

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
not if its all POLISHED up. :dunno

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
but now 'baker fast' is a WHOLE NOTHER catagory of fast

1 - 20 of 94 Posts