Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a signal wire I can tap into to install the tachometer? Its glowshifts 2'' tach gauge if it matters.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
using that gauge, you will have to get a tach adapter to convert the signal into a usable one for that tach

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping I wouldnt have to do this, since I have no understanding of what that is, can you explain a little on how you use it?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Autometer 9117 is what you're looking for. It will pull a tach signal from the ignition coil power. We do have a tach signal wire, but from my experience, it doesn't send the proper signal necessary for external tachs.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that video! but WOW that item is 77.00 bucks. my gauge was only 40.00. Would like an autozone sell one that would be cheaper than that. I dont wanna be cheap and not have the gauge reading rite. but I also dont wanna pay for a signal sender when its twice the amount of the product I bought lol.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I'm kinda doubt it but they'd probably be able to order something similar from either MSD or AutoMeter for you. I think I got mine for $60 on ebay

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn this sucks lol, I was planning on having an easy play and plug by just splicing into the existing wire for the stock tachometer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm kinda doubt it but they'd probably be able to order something similar from either MSD or AutoMeter for you. I think I got mine for $60 on ebay
Yeah I checked and they dont carry anything like that. I dont understand why we cant use our stock signal and get the correct signal... I feel as if there has to be a way lol

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
What the tach wants is a analog voltage signal that increases as RPM increases. Our tach wires output a digital signal that's combined with a bunch of other signals in the instrument cluster. You'd need to convert one to the other with the tach adapter module.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts