Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing my 78mm BBK combo today in a few hours! Bought it off the forums for 165 shipped...SO CLEAN! Wish me luck...I am not to most hands on dude. ha

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) will need to be transferred to the new throttle body, the screws holding the TPS to the throttle body are attached with a lock-tite type adhesive and the only way to get them off will be with an impact driver. The other options are to buy a new TPS or to grind the head off of the screws to free the TPS, I just opted to buy a new TPS to make the install quicker.

The throttle body comes with the hardware required to install the new throttle position sensor (TPS) so if you couldn’t disconnect the TPS without destroying the screws it isn’t a big deal. After installing the new throttle position sensor I attached the new throttle body to the plenum.

did anyone have a problem with this?!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah! help...how do I get the rubber hoses off!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have everything off but the hoses(rubber tubes) off idk what to use to get them off!?

·
Registered
319 Posts
pull hard loland wiggle

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
****...i have! the redwire one has no grabbing room...AHH installs suck lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
im pretty sure hes talking about a vacuum line. put come elbow grease on it and get it off! lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok got it on...but the mounting bolts wont go in all the way...well one the one on the passenger side. The its the bolts to the mounting bracket on the throttle cables

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it says ues the 4mm allen bolts...it stops half way...just make it go in?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
They should go all the way in like they came out of the stock one. I had no problems installing my C&L plenum. Took me about 10-15 minutes to do. And I dont work on cars a lot, now I know a lot more from doing stuff to my car. lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
done! BUT now I have a sticky gas pedal. I called my local shop and said bbk has some problems with that so I am bringin it there tuesday afternoon. I am done with it lol U can def. hear it though!

·
Registered
978 Posts
hope you get that sticky gas pedal fixed! hate to hear a horror story later on in the forums about it! :)

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
if it is sticking at idle,the plate is sticking in the bore. you can loosen an retighten the tb mounting bolts evenly in steps in a x pattern. If that don't work you can adjust the stop screw on side of tb, will only take a small adjustment to fix and if you do just remember where it was when you start just in case you want to put back

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
The Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) will need to be transferred to the new throttle body, the screws holding the TPS to the throttle body are attached with a lock-tite type adhesive and the only way to get them off will be with an impact driver. The other options are to buy a new TPS or to grind the head off of the screws to free the TPS, I just opted to buy a new TPS to make the install quicker.

The throttle body comes with the hardware required to install the new throttle position sensor (TPS) so if you couldn’t disconnect the TPS without destroying the screws it isn’t a big deal. After installing the new throttle position sensor I attached the new throttle body to the plenum.

Use a good screwdriver with acr and youll be fine.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

i did i just bought the new tps can't wait to hear how much you like it:cool:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
done! BUT now I have a sticky gas pedal. I called my local shop and said bbk has some problems with that so I am bringin it there tuesday afternoon. I am done with it lol U can def. hear it though!

i also have this problem as well and mine is brand new i guess it has to do with such a stiff spring on the tb:yes

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You're havin a tough time installing a plenum/tb? GL with the sticky gas. Have you taken the intake off and looked at the tb plate to see if its rubbing across the surface of the tb?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.