Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did this on my 02 Mustang and it worked perfectly the first time.

Step 1: Turn ignition switch to ON. All the way forward without cranking the engine.
Step 2: Wait until the seatbelt alarm to go off and stop. About 1-2 min.

-- Steps 3-5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the process with have to be repeated.

Step 3: Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the belt unbuckled.
Step 4: Turn the headlights on then off.
Step 5: Buckle then unbuckle the belt three times ending with the belt unbuckled.
--After step 5 the safety light will be turned on for about three seconds then go off.
Step 6: Within seven seconds of the safety belt light going off buckle then unbuckle the belt again.
--That should disable the safety alarm if it is currently activated or vice versa. You will see the seat belt light blink a few times to confirm it has been done successfully.

Good Luck. I did it on my first try.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
i have an idea.

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT
:withhomo, wouldnt it take less time to buckle up then to go through all that just to get rid of the warning:2cents

·
Registered
21 Posts
I completely agree with wearing your seatbelt ive lost wayy to many loved ones due to it. But this could be useful if you are using 5pt harnesses or something.

·
Registered
583 Posts
yup extremly useful if you install after market racing seats and 3/4/5 point harness. i did this on my 05...the sequence is a lil different but it worked like a charm :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
anyone know if this works on a 2010 GT500? I'll give it a shot. I do wear my seat belt most of the time but FU for trying to force it on me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exactly. We should be given the option to wear out seatbelt without a stupid warning signal. Vehicles should be built with the warning off and give the customer the option to turn it on. If I ever get a seatbelt ticket I would rather sit in jail than pay for it.

I found the instructions in my owners manual so it should be in the 2010 manual hopefully.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Did this on my 02 Mustang and it worked perfectly the first time.

Step 1: Turn ignition switch to ON. All the way forward without cranking the engine.
Step 2: Wait until the seatbelt alarm to go off and stop. About 1-2 min.

-- Steps 3-5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the process with have to be repeated.

Step 3: Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the belt unbuckled.
Step 4: Turn the headlights on then off.
Step 5: Buckle then unbuckle the belt three times ending with the belt unbuckled.
--After step 5 the safety light will be turned on for about three seconds then go off.
Step 6: Within seven seconds of the safety belt light going off buckle then unbuckle the belt again.
--That should disable the safety alarm if it is currently activated or vice versa. You will see the seat belt light blink a few times to confirm it has been done successfully.

Good Luck. I did it on my first try.

Does that permanently turn it off or do you have to do that song and dance everytime? Also, does it turn off both the driver's and passengers alarm?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It deactivates it permanently until you choose to reactivate it in the future. Just driver side. Passenger doesn't have an alarm on the seat belt. At least my 02' doesn't.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I just unplug mine. Its worked in every vehicle i've had so far. Much faster than the song and dance. I always wear my seatbelt, and i don't need a stupid buzzer to remind me. You can cut the wires too. So far every vehicle has been a open when buckled system. If you end up with a closed when buckled system (on some other vehicle) then you would need to twist the wires together.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I just unplug mine. Its worked in every vehicle i've had so far. Much faster than the song and dance. I always wear my seatbelt, and i don't need a stupid buzzer to remind me. You can cut the wires too. So far every vehicle has been a open when buckled system. If you end up with a closed when buckled system (on some other vehicle) then you would need to twist the wires together.
I will try and unplug it. I have a feeling that it will throw a code though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yep..

I completely agree with wearing your seatbelt ive lost wayy to many loved ones due to it. But this could be useful if you are using 5pt harnesses or something.
I use a harness bar and 4 point on the track in my 09 Black Jack. I read the instructions in the manual to deactivate the dinger and decided to just loop the belt behind the seat and plug it in!

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts

where can you unplug it?? i would like to know

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
where can you unplug it?? i would like to know
Its under the seat. follow the wire from the seat belt thing.

I put a switch on my jeep to deactivate the door sensor. Then i can turn the buzzer off when i want to have the key in and door open, but i can turn it back on so it reminds me to turn my lights off when i get to work and its light out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts