Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys?

Need some feedback from everyone, especially if you have had this problem before.

Cold weather is making my instrument cluster act up. At times its the speedometer sticking, zero'ing out at 50, passing 120 when driving etc, jerking about like its mechanically hanging on something. Fuel guage is rotated 90 degrees past its full mark, temperature gauge insists the cars overheating when its not.

During the summer time though its perfect so I do know for a fact cold weather is the cause.

K, So here is where the feedback comes in.
  1. Who else has had this problem?
  2. What did you do to fix it?
  3. Did you ever discover what the actual issue was?
  4. is there a TSB released for it? (I've looked and can't find one)
  5. Have any other dealerships acknowledged it?

Thanks everyone, looking forward to what you guys have to say.
Because I need my guages to work as I drive 70 miles a day round trip just to go to work, and with trooper presence increased.. I need to know exactly how fast I'm going. As a result though, I'm out 600 bucks. 330 for the cluster, 150 for labor, 90 for programming the modules, plus tax.

So I just want to know the above questions and also want to know what I paid 600 for.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Have you already replaced the cluster, is that why you're out $600? Was the original one having the same issues? If I had to guess at a cause I'd say its prolly a bad electrical connection between the car and the cluster. I had similiar problems in a Superduty. When I checked, a ground in the main harness had come loose.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is being replaced tomorrow, I already paid for the part which is on overnight order so I can't exactly get a refund at this point.

This problem is definitely mechanical, just hoping someone knows the defect that is causing it.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Yeah I had this same problem. Have the cluster replaced and have them reprogram it... that should do it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts