Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
boost to come
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i started having problems with my instrument cluster. Now the speedometer doesn't work and the volt gauge doesn't work, and the temperature gauge doesn't work either. So since the mustang is up for the winter I am going to replace the instrument cluster.

So here's my questions, will a cobra instrument cluster work in a gt? Also is there a way to change the mileage on a used cluster to what it should be on mine? Do the instrument clusters from the 99-04 have a way to make it work in my year?

·
So*Cal 1320
414 Posts
Recently i started having problems with my instrument cluster. Now the speedometer doesn't work and the volt gauge doesn't work, and the temperature gauge doesn't work either. So since the mustang is up for the winter I am going to replace the instrument cluster.

So here's my questions, will a cobra instrument cluster work in a gt? Also is there a way to change the mileage on a used cluster to what it should be on mine? Do the instrument clusters from the 99-04 have a way to make it work in my year?
Yep I have tons of experience with cluster swaps lol. Any 99/04 cluster fits! If u want your factory mileage just change the face of the cluster u want on to yours..

If u want to change the mileage u would have ti get it reset so they disable the SPATS or else your car will never start... Somehow I can't post **** on this forum since I'm new I guess Or else I would post a Sticky how to threade

·
boost to come
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh alright sweet. So I just take all the stuff off of the instrument cluster I buy? I found a 99-04 cluster that I am going to look at, so would I just take it to ford to have them reset the board and put my mileage on it? And the adapters and everything are the same on the back of it?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Actually, 99-04 cluster will fit, but won't operate properly on a94-98 due to the fact that 99-04 is electronic speedo, and the 94-98 are mechanical. And theres really no easy way to "turn back" the odometer. I put a cobra cluster in mine, so yes, as long as its 94-98 it will fit fine. Personally, i wasnt worried about the mileage difference. i think theres a way to make the 99-04 cluster work in your car, but involves needing wiring harness and ecu from 99-04, i believe. Ive not studied it in depth, so someone else may know more on that particular subject

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I haven't seen anyone use a 99+ cluster in a pre 99 car. The 95 cluster is a direct plug in though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anybody knows if any of the 94-98 GT's models came with a white face instrument cluster?... or they were only installed on the 94-98 Cobras?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Does anybody knows if any of the 94-98 GT's models came with a white face instrument cluster?... or they were only installed on the 94-98 Cobras?
Old thread. Only on the Cobra was there a white face cluster

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Yep, I'm sure it's an old thread but I'm new to this forum and couldn't find the answer anywhere that's why I decided to ask here, thanks anyway for taking your time to respond.
No problem, at least you took the time to look first bro! Good luck, and welcome to MM

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Whatever some one is willing to pay. I personally wouldn't use a cobra cluster in a gt but there are a lot of people who would. Check on the completed listings section of ebay to get a good idea what they go for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts