Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have or know anybody trying to sell the instrument cluster for our cars? really i only need the gears behind the needles for the tach and speedo but am willing to buy the whole thing being the dealer wants $330 and the cheapest on ebay is about 80

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
you know whats funny.. the gt one and the gt500 cluster is the same price.. you can probably buy one in the junkyard for cheap.. or even guys in corral or are parting out with there car's.. just something to think about.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you know whats funny.. the gt one and the gt500 cluster is the same price.. you can probably buy one in the junkyard for cheap.. or even guys in corral or are parting out with there car's.. just something to think about.
really? i didnt know that...i know that the speedo and tach in the gt500 are swapped, do you think it would still funtion the same just swapping it and plugging it up no dealer program? i would imagine it would i know the mileage has to be programmed but just being functional right now is my concern...i really only need the plastic gears behind the needle because i bent the stem on the speedo and tach gears....i was drunk and had a saleen dan gurney face plate i wanted to put in and got in the zone of pulling **** apart and went straight to the the compartmenst holding the gears and they are flemsy and not meant to be removed and reinstalled

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
ford will recalibrate... its gonna be about 450$ for everything.. 300+/- for the part .. and 150$+/- for overnight shipping(not up to you) recalibrating and installing. the gt500 cluster looks sweet and so far no1 has been able to program the shift limiter.. but you have a boost gauge in that cluster incase you ever go boost!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I might have a cluster. I'll have to check and get back later.

Yes, I have one in perfect shape. It's for the non mycolor cars. (GT) it has the 2 gauges in the center unlike the premium cars with 4 center gauges, but the parts you need are there. I swapped mine out a few years ago to the premium cluster. PM me if you want it. Make an offer.

Just for your information, if you swap clusters at all, your dealer will send it to The Cluster Center (yes, it's a place) and they will install your mileage. Once you get it back you'll need a Ford tech to pull your information from the old cluster and install it in the replacement. ot mileage, but some other information. I know this because I did it and had 7 second Don Burton hook me up at the dealer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ford will recalibrate... its gonna be about 450$ for everything.. 300+/- for the part .. and 150$+/- for overnight shipping(not up to you) recalibrating and installing. the gt500 cluster looks sweet and so far no1 has been able to program the shift limiter.. but you have a boost gauge in that cluster incase you ever go boost!
i was under the impression i could calibrate it myself thru the rev/miles option in the xcal? also i thought that the dealer couldnt calibrate saleen clusters?

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
i was under the impression i could calibrate it myself thru the rev/miles option in the xcal? also i thought that the dealer couldnt calibrate saleen clusters?
I don't know about Saleen clusters, but for the GT500 and the GT you have to take it to the dealer for calibration. You SCT Hand held won't do it. They recover all the information off your old cluster, install the new one. Then download all the old information from your previous cluster to the new one. You need the IDS to do it (International Diagnostic System is Ford's "scan too") .

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know about Saleen clusters, but for the GT500 and the GT you have to take it to the dealer for calibration. You SCT Hand held won't do it. They recover all the information off your old cluster, install the new one. Then download all the old information from your previous cluster to the new one. You need the IDS to do it (International Diagnostic System is Ford's "scan too") .
damn...i was afraid of that..yeah i dont have a cluster out of a saleen, my original my color cluster from my car but with the saleen face on it...i was told by brenspeed that the xcal would do it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts