Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading of a guy that just had his 88 hit by some idiot and had to deal with the insurance company. In the post, another guy had an accident and it seems the insurance company isn't giving him what his pony is worth. It sucks anytime someone hit your pony, but maybe someone can learn from good/bad experiences with different insurance companies. Didn't want to jack the thread, so I thought I'd start a new one.

Who does everyone have for insurance companies?

Never had to turn in any claims yet against my stang, but I have Nationwide and when my GMC Jimmy was rear ended 5 years ago, they took pretty good care of me. Never had a car totaled yet, so I can't speak from experience there.

Any experiences of who is good, who to stay away from?????

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Any company will net you good/bad experiences. Your top Auto insurers got there not only by rates but also by customer service and financial strength.

Check financial strength of your company here:

A.M. Best Company

Click the "ratings" section. Loook for anything better than A- for a financially strong company that won't take your premium for 15 years then have a hurricane go through and leave you high and dry because they don't money to pay claims.

I'm partial to the good neighbors because they pay me well. Farm Bureau is who I would go to if I didn't work for the GN's....

I have had a claim with Progressive and they treated me fairly but I let them know up front that I wasn't a pushover and knew what the industry standard was for claims. They just wanted to get rid of me at that point...

I hate GEICO. (You'll notice this sentence ends in a period. There is nothing more to say here.)

I wouldn't hesitate to do internet research then pick 3 companies and go try to to physically meet with someone. The good thing about State Farm is that you get an Agent. That Agent is someone you can build a relationship with and trust with all of your business. From Auto, Life, Home and now even financial products like ROTH IRA's and CD's.

So my point is - don't just shop on rates. You'll be sorely disappointed if you are looking for quality claim handling and positive customer service experiences.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I've heard a lot of really good things about State Farm, and I've heard a lot of really bad things about Allstate.

I'm with Geico because they're cheap, though I'm considering jumping ship once my current policy is up.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have geico simply because their cheap, but i'll also be the first to say that their support/customer care etc are lackluster at best, but i only have liability, if i were to get full coverage i think i would pay the extra $3-$4 a month and crossover

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
i use to work at a body shop and we had to deal with insurance companys all the time and probably one of the best was progressive. thats also who im insured with and i have no complaints at all, good customer service. theyre by far the cheapest ive found for me also.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Currently I run GEICO on all but the bike and son's GT. Progressive there.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i am from mass..and we dont have very many to choose from here..no gieco, or allstate . i have safety insurance. ive never had a problem with them till now...but its the other guys fault and i dont have full coverage on my car, so i guess the way the ins company looks at it as they dont have to pay me so why should they deal with my problem....so now i am just fighting with the other guys ins for more money ..he says my fox is worth 1500

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Wow..that was some thread......

I have Liberty Mutual for like 25 years. I have had 2 claims during that time. One was the garage door cracked the bumper of my 2003...thought I had backed in far enough, clearly had some family issues going on and wasn't thinking. The second was the most recent Chat n Run accident, kid rear ended me then when I said lets pull off the busy highway <25 ft> he took off. I had no issues either way. But I am sure part of it is long time client relationship.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts