Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drive a 2003 gt 5 spd. i am 20 years old. at what points does insurance drop? i want to move out but insurance is rough. ive worked really hard for the privelage of driving the legend. i have been told it drops at three times. when you turn 21. when you turn 25. and when you get married. are these true? if not when do they drop? oh! and i have no incidences on my record *knock on wood*

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Slight decrease at 18 and at 21...25 is when the major drop happens for males...i think its around 23 for females.

Your location and credit score also have a major factor in insurance rates.

This subject is probably more suited for the clubhouse section as its not a really technical question...and there are more viewers in that section.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
and yeah getting married does lower insurance regardless of age....one of those if your responsible enough to get married, responsible enough to drive a car....blah blah blah

·
Registered
176 Posts
My insurance just dropped and I'm only 17. The only reason we could think of is because its been 6 months without an incident. Gives me more money to pay off the car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
my bro told me at 25 and then when he got married...if that helps...mine hasnt went down any...and im 21

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
well with state farm or at least mine has been dropping every 6 mounths

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine dropped from 266 to 133 after I turned 21 for full coverage

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey atleast you guys can actually choose state farm or gieco or any of those insurance companys that offer the "competitive rates". im in boston, i see all those commercials every 35 seconds, and then wen u go online to check them out, i dont get past the part where i enter my zipcode b4 it says "not available in your state". wtf!!! ive wasted a good 48 hrs of my life watching those damn commercials and they dont even apply to me!!! so ya the lesson is dont move here, it snows too much, rains too much, the roads suck, driving is a contact sport, the state govt BLOWS, the pats...(threw up in my mouth), the bruins are a joke, and you cant get any of those nice insurance companies you see on tv and you end up paying out your ass with the ones you can get here...but hey atleast we got the sox and celts!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
hmm i dont have a prob since im in the navy i have usaa and im 19 with full coverage and have a careless driving 20 over and a 18 over and i only pay 140 a month full coverage on my 00 gt :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
first off your rate will depending on various factors like where you live(every state has diffrent liability limits) you see no drop at 18 whoever said that---you see a slight diffrence @ 21 a major diff. @ 25 and a slight diff again @ 30 and yes married discount is a huge plus but dont know if you want to get married just to get a discount! fyi multi car discounts are the best way to have your car ins.w/ a low rate!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
first off your rate will depending on various factors like where you live(every state has diffrent liability limits) you see no drop at 18 whoever said that---you see a slight diffrence @ 21 a major diff. @ 25 and a slight diff again @ 30 and yes married discount is a huge plus but dont know if you want to get married just to get a discount! fyi multi car discounts are the best way to have your car ins.w/ a low rate!
I saw a drop at 18...it was because of driving for 2 years...each insurance company is different on their policies....but keep in mind that was back in 98.

You don't have to have two cars to get a multi-line discount. Car insurance and renters insurance (or home owners) will give you the multi line discount. When i lived in Virginia, the over all price would have been about $20/month higher if i would have had just car insurance...add in the renters insurance (25k coverage) it dropped the overall premium.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yes USAA is hands down the best
yeah they are awesome! State farm wanted 241/month when i moved to oklahoma...i was paying 135/month in the dc area...how its more expensive in oklahoma vs dc is beyond me.

Switched to USAA and paying about 100/month for car and renters insurance

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have usaa, im 21 years old and my insurance is $300 a month. I dont know why its so high.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
yeah, of course if you have your home, renters, etc. you do get a discount but he lives at home and single and 20yrs old, so i was refering to him, that his best option was to add another veh.to lower his portion of the premium! like i stated before it all depends on where you live 'cause in texas you dont see a drop at 18!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts